Windows 10: Family - multiple time limits per day

Discus and support Family - multiple time limits per day in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want my child to be able to use her laptop during school hours, but have time limited while at home. How can I set up multiple time limits per day?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gorks71, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Gorks71 Win User

Family - multiple time limits per day

I want my child to be able to use her laptop during school hours, but have time limited while at home. How can I set up multiple time limits per day?

:)

Gorks71, Mar 14, 2020

2. Multiple Screen Time Limits per day in Family Safety Here and gone.

On August 19th I got an email from Microsoft Family detailing the changes and improvements that had been made to family safety. The part that I found most helpful was about multiple time limits per day coming back. See excerpt below.

*** Multiple time limits per day

Set multiple time limits per day for your child's Windows PCs. When your child runs out of time on a Windows PC, you can also give more time on that device even when it's not connected to the internet. ***

When I went to account.microsoft.com/family there was indeed the option to add multiple instances per day. When I went back on September 1st to change the limits for my children for school season it was back to the same useless one time per day.

Does anybody know how to get the multiple options back?

Jarett elmore, Mar 14, 2020
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Family - multiple time limits per day - Similar Threads - Family multiple limits

2. User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day: Hello -A user here is experiencing an weird issue with windows explorer, at least I think that's the core of the issue.It started with her not being able to open files inside of a zip folder. She double clicks on the files, and nothing happens. After unzipping the files, the...
  3. User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day: Hello -A user here is experiencing an weird issue with windows explorer, at least I think that's the core of the issue.It started with her not being able to open files inside of a zip folder. She double clicks on the files, and nothing happens. After unzipping the files, the...
  4. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  5. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  6. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  7. Constant BSOD, multiple times per day

Constant BSOD, multiple times per day: It's been a recurring issue for a few months on my custom-built desktop. At first, the errors ranged from a variety of things, but after applying solutions I've found on these support threads and elsewhere, the only error I get anymore is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I can't for...
  8. Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day

Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day: Hi All, Windows 2004 crashes many several times per day even without actual user activity. Does anyone know how I can open a support ticket and supply the latest crashdump file?...
  9. PC freezing multiple times per day

PC freezing multiple times per day: I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up. I've tried many things such as fixing...
  10. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day: Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The only solution is to hold down the power button. I've followed the steps in Performance and Install Integrity Checklist to...