Windows 10: Family Options

Discus and support Family Options in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have been trying to set up a child account, we locked everything except a few websites. Everything is locked even some of the websites we want... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Naft123, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Naft123 Win User

Family Options

We have been trying to set up a child account, we locked everything except a few websites. Everything is locked even some of the websites we want unblocked. When the child account asks permission to the adult account, even though the adult account seemingly gives permission, its still blocked on the child's account. Already spoke to a total of 7 advisors from windows sites, spent over 10 hours collectively trying to get this fixed, used a few different methods, does anyone have advice?

:)

Naft123, Sep 8, 2019

2. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Family Options

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Family Options

1. Family Options - Similar Threads - Family Options

2. in my win 10 pro version 22h2 family account option is disabled how can enable it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in my win 10 pro version 22h2 family account option is disabled how can enable it: helo expertin my win 10 pro version family account option is missing & instead other account is shown. I am operating windows 10 pro version 22h2 , OS build 19045.3930, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 . kindly help me to fix the problem as my 10 year child...
  3. in my win 10 pro version 22h2 family account option is disabled how can enable it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in my win 10 pro version 22h2 family account option is disabled how can enable it: helo expertin my win 10 pro version family account option is missing & instead other account is shown. I am operating windows 10 pro version 22h2 , OS build 19045.3930, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 . kindly help me to fix the problem as my 10 year child...
  4. in my win 10 pro version 22h2 family account option is disabled how can enable it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. "Family and Other options" division in the windows setting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Family and Other options" division in the windows setting: There is no "Family and Other options" in my windows setting, accounts division. how can I add an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-and-other-options-division-in-the-windows/facd3151-bc79-4e72-bd2a-4c047566d013
  6. "Family and Other options" division in the windows setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Family and Other options" division in the windows setting: There is no "Family and Other options" in my windows setting, accounts division. how can I add an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-and-other-options-division-in-the-windows/facd3151-bc79-4e72-bd2a-4c047566d013
  7. "Family and Other options" division in the windows setting

8. How do I remove all the family safety options from my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove all the family safety options from my account.: Don't bother answering because I will likely never find this post again. Microsoft website forced me to ask in this community section instead of directing me to real help....
  9. How do I remove all the family safety options from my account.

How do I remove all the family safety options from my account.: Don't bother answering because I will likely never find this post again. Microsoft website forced me to ask in this community section instead of directing me to real help....
  10. I locked my device using the option under find my devices in family safety. I am not...

I locked my device using the option under find my devices in family safety. I am not...: I locked my device using the option under find my devices in family safety. I am not finding the unlock option, please help me login again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-locked-my-device-using-the-option-under-find-my/e55ae5dc-3a50-4e06-9542-0f61c9959283