Windows 10: Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset

Discus and support Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My child installed a cross platform game from xbox to windows 10 pc. apparently this brought the pc into his account and applied the time limits to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SteveGerber2, May 11, 2019.

1. Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset

My child installed a cross platform game from xbox to windows 10 pc. apparently this brought the pc into his account and applied the time limits to the pc. now that his time has expired, we are unable to bypass the restrictions on the PC to get into the account. i have disabled the time limit from a different pc but still unable to log onto the computer due to time restriction. the pc says time's up but the "parent is here" button errors out and there is only one account on that PC. What can be done?

:)

SteveGerber2, May 11, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 11, 2019
  3. Phil_HI Win User
    Family Safety child account: can't login and time limits wrong

My child has a windows 10 PC that only has one account on it. This account is setup as a child account under family safety and has been working normally for a while.

All of a sudden the account does not seem to be able to update any restriction information from the family safety system. The computer is locked out because there is no screen time remaining and the account cannot login.

If I change or remove/disable the screen time limits on the family safety website this has no impact - the changes are not recognized on the child's computer. Clicking "request more time" also has no effect - no message is sent to the parent account. The
    behavior is as if the computer were not connected to the Internet, but the wi-fi appears to be working normally. Of course there is no real way to check this because we can't login.

Because there are no other accounts on the computer we are effectively locked out.

Any suggestions as to how we can resolve this so that we can login to the computer are greatly appreciated.

In future I will be sure to add a parental account to any computer that has family safety setup for a child account but that does not help with the current situation.

Phil_HI, May 11, 2019
  4. Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset

Microsoft Family safety not working properly and not able to extened the time limit for child account usage on Windows 10.

Hi Maria,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Is the issue occurring with other child account or with a specific child's account?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about managing kids request in the Family Safety settings and check if it helps.

Refer to the section: Manage your kids' requests.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits

Please get back to us with an update on issue with managing Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset

1. Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset - Similar Threads - Family locked due

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Child account locked to a unknown family

Child account locked to a unknown family: HiMu child's account has been assigned to the family which me and my child do not recognize and I am unable to remove him from it.The chat support team just stated that they cannot help and directed me to this forum .....Could you please help with this issue?...
  6. Child account locked to a unknown family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account locked to a unknown family: HiMu child's account has been assigned to the family which me and my child do not recognize and I am unable to remove him from it.The chat support team just stated that they cannot help and directed me to this forum .....Could you please help with this issue?...
  7. Child account locked to a unknown family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.: I have HP Pavalion 15" laptop bought brand new 9 months ago for my child. We used family safety app in the iphone to be able to regulate our child's screen time for this laptop. This laptop has only 1 account and that is for my child. It all worked fine for 8 months. One fine...
  9. Limit applications available to child family account on Windows 10 PC

Limit applications available to child family account on Windows 10 PC: I created a user account for a child with Microsoft Family. The start menu of the child account appears to show all of the applications installed on my computer. I want to limit the applications visible and available to the child account. I'd like to create a very simple...
  10. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...