Windows 10: Family reporting time stamps incorrect

Discus and support Family reporting time stamps incorrect in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi We’ve set up a family account on Windows 10 and it is sort of working fine but i have noticed a couple of things that are a little odd: The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ChristineSki, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Family reporting time stamps incorrect

Hi

We’ve set up a family account on Windows 10 and it is sort of working fine but i have noticed a couple of things that are a little odd:

The times being recorded on the child account are wrong. On some occasions they are showing websites have been accessed at very early hours of the morning (3 and 4 am) yet the sleep time is active from 9:30 pm until 7:30am. On one occasion the activity was occurring when I know my child was definitely asleep. We’ve checked all the clocks and it is making no sense!

A second issue we are not seeing a full internet search history...websites are appearing.

Am i doing something wrong in the set up...I am a novice at this and trying to come to a happy medium with my child but the inconsistencies in the data are making it very hard.

Please help

:)

ChristineSki, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp

Hello
    Shrpy,

To troubleshoot issues with Microsoft family time stamps, here are some things to try:

1. Try to remove the child account from your Microsoft account and add the account back.
    2. Sign in with your adult account on the Family page, find your child’s name, select
      Activity and toggle off/on Activity
      reporting.

For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article

created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT]. You can also check out this support article:
    Fix family activity reporting.

If the issue still persists, it would be best that you submit your issue using the
    Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what's causing it
    and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press +
      Add new feedback.
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    5. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    6. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

Let us know if you need further help.

Carlo Fer, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Family reporting time stamps incorrect

SCREEN TIME REPORTING FOR ALL FAMILY MEMBERS

Hello,

Family or Microsoft family feature are designed to help the parents keep tabs on your kid's or child's Windows device and activities. With regard to the screen time reporting, the family only allows the parent's account to monitor the child's usage, activities
    or amount of time they can spend on their devices. For more information about family, you can refer to this
    link.

You can also send a suggestion about your concern using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    link if you are using a Windows 10 PC or follow the steps below if you are using a Windows
    10 Mobile:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon what the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) what the top right side.
    • Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Michael Rey, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Family reporting time stamps incorrect

1. Family reporting time stamps incorrect - Similar Threads - Family reporting stamps

2. KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0x3424aead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0x3424aead: After starting up NAV I go through to a specific section, load up a list and then it closes. It's also happening when I load up a Purchase Order on another users machine (oddly only ones beginning with 017XXX, I believe). The problem is exclusive to the machine and not...
  3. Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working: Hi, I have activated Microsoft Family features in order to supervise screen times of my kids. There are three possible devices my kids can use: A desktop PC (Win10), a Laptop PC (Win10) and an Android smartphone with MS Launcher. Kid got its own Microsoft account and connects...
  4. Default language family reports

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default language family reports: I want to change the default language in the family reports to spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-language-family-reports/38330db1-d9b8-4060-a8aa-b92e7a44d4f9"
  5. Family screen time

Family screen time: Hello I have recently got a desk to for my child and applied a set screen time. He has told me he can't use his computer at all even after removing the screen time. I can not get into the computer to add myself or even reboot the computer. I am shut out....
  6. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...
  7. notepad arrange text by time stamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad arrange text by time stamp: i have a transcript with timestamps but it saved in reverse order from last to first message. Is there a way to reverse this in a non manual fashion according to timestamp?...
  8. Date/Time Stamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....
  9. Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp: Our son requested additional Time and the message was send in time (14:45 local time), but the small text at the bottom of the message was "[Name] has requested at [Date] 12:45 ..." We live in Europe (UTC+2)....
  10. Windows Reports Incorrect Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Reports Incorrect Location: Hello, Unfortunately it seems that windows is reporting the wrong location on my laptop. Worse yet, since the location it reports is across a time zone the wrong time is reported for my location. While I can manually set the time zone, I'd prefer not to. If I search on Bing...