Windows 10: Family reporting time stamps incorrect

Discus and support Family reporting time stamps incorrect in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi We’ve set up a family account on Windows 10 and it is sort of working fine but i have noticed a couple of things that are a little odd: The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ChristineSki, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Family reporting time stamps incorrect

Hi

We’ve set up a family account on Windows 10 and it is sort of working fine but i have noticed a couple of things that are a little odd:

The times being recorded on the child account are wrong. On some occasions they are showing websites have been accessed at very early hours of the morning (3 and 4 am) yet the sleep time is active from 9:30 pm until 7:30am. On one occasion the activity was occurring when I know my child was definitely asleep. We’ve checked all the clocks and it is making no sense!

A second issue we are not seeing a full internet search history...websites are appearing.

Am i doing something wrong in the set up...I am a novice at this and trying to come to a happy medium with my child but the inconsistencies in the data are making it very hard.

Please help

:)

ChristineSki, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp

Hello
    Shrpy,

To troubleshoot issues with Microsoft family time stamps, here are some things to try:

1. Try to remove the child account from your Microsoft account and add the account back.
    2. Sign in with your adult account on the Family page, find your child’s name, select
      Activity and toggle off/on Activity
      reporting.

For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article

created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT]. You can also check out this support article:
    Fix family activity reporting.

If the issue still persists, it would be best that you submit your issue using the
    Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what's causing it
    and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press +
      Add new feedback.
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    5. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    6. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

Let us know if you need further help.

Carlo Fer, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Family reporting time stamps incorrect

SCREEN TIME REPORTING FOR ALL FAMILY MEMBERS

Hello,

Family or Microsoft family feature are designed to help the parents keep tabs on your kid's or child's Windows device and activities. With regard to the screen time reporting, the family only allows the parent's account to monitor the child's usage, activities
    or amount of time they can spend on their devices. For more information about family, you can refer to this
    link.

You can also send a suggestion about your concern using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    link if you are using a Windows 10 PC or follow the steps below if you are using a Windows
    10 Mobile:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon what the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) what the top right side.
    • Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Michael Rey, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Family reporting time stamps incorrect

1. Family reporting time stamps incorrect - Similar Threads - Family reporting stamps

2. Time stamps in ntbootlog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time stamps in ntbootlog: The boot time for my computer has gotten pretty slow, and I'm trying to figure what the issue is. It sure would be helpful if the entries in ntbootlog.txt was timestamped so I could see what is taking so long.I tried searching and didn't find any helpful answers. Does anyone...
  3. Time stamps in ntbootlog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time stamps in ntbootlog: The boot time for my computer has gotten pretty slow, and I'm trying to figure what the issue is. It sure would be helpful if the entries in ntbootlog.txt was timestamped so I could see what is taking so long.I tried searching and didn't find any helpful answers. Does anyone...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting: In Microsoft Family Safety, I can see my child's activity for today, and I can look at their activity over the last 7 days, but I can't see their activity on specific days in the past. Furthermore, even when I look at today's activity, I only see total hours and not details...
  5. Microsoft family time zone reporting wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family time zone reporting wrong: I checked time time/time zone on the computer and for all users in the family. all reports the current time and correct time zone, but when my child tries to log in at 8am, the computer thinks its still the day before this has been happening all week. and it has happened...
  6. Dim Time stamp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dim Time stamp.: Time stamp on bottom right side screen is dim how do I brighten it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-time-stamp/37c17694-72fe-491b-924b-aaaaad768988
  7. Windows Error Reporting Incorrect Time

Windows Error Reporting Incorrect Time: I never have a problem with my time on my Windows 10 Home, but I've noticed that my Windows Error Reports are exactly 4 hours ahead. How can we fix this? I've been searching all night, and I'm still stumped....
  8. About time stamps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About time stamps: KB4550945 HotFix fixes a bug with the time stamp. Does KB4552152 or KB4556799 fix the time stamp issue? I'd like to confirm with the Log, but the new patch KB4556799 has begun to be applied, and KB4550945 is no longer displayed....
  9. Date/Time Stamp

Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....
  10. Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp: Our son requested additional Time and the message was send in time (14:45 local time), but the small text at the bottom of the message was "[Name] has requested at [Date] 12:45 ..." We live in Europe (UTC+2)....