Windows 10: Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age

Discus and support Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CodyMc, Jun 22, 2019.

1. CodyMc Win User

Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age

Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account

However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message:

Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age 8a4918ca-238f-46c2-8d79-09ce4ab37eb6?upload=true.png

If I try to ask by email, I get another error message:

Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age 8fb23541-1728-4edd-b7fe-903efeb52844?upload=true.png

There's no one I can ask for permission because my account isn't linked to any family members. I'm the only person using this computer and I'm logged in as an administrator. I want to remove all family features from my account and keep them turned off, what can I do to achieve that?

:)

CodyMc, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Took my device off and account off family features but still getting restrictions.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can be if the family features were not updated/synced on your computer. Refer the below mentioned methods and check with the issue.

Method 1: Family Safety troubleshooter: Run the

Family Safety troubleshooter
    and check the status. This will detect and resolve some common issues with family safety.

Method 2: Verify the Microsoft account from settings.

Before verifying the Microsoft account on your computer, please sign out from the account and sign in back. Then follow the steps mentioned below to verify the Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your Info, if you see verify your account. Then I suggest you to verify your Microsoft account and check with the issue.

Method 3: Re-adding the account. You can add the account once again to Microsoft family and then remove all the restrictions. Once all the restrictions are removed, you can remove the account
    from Microsoft Family.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Sten2.0 Win User

Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age - Similar Threads - Family Restrictions are

2. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  3. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  4. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Age restriction

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Age restriction: Hey! I am 21 but Xbox game app won´t even allow me to download games 12+. I checked if I had any restrictions on my profile or in my family crew but i don´t. So how do I fix this?...
  6. Age restriction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age restriction: Hey! I am 21 but Xbox game app won´t even allow me to download games 12+. I checked if I had any restrictions on my profile or in my family crew but i don´t. So how do I fix this?...
  7. Age restriction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not part of a Microsoft Family, but still affected by the restrictions.

Not part of a Microsoft Family, but still affected by the restrictions.: I am being restricted by family features despite not being even in a family can anyone help. I specifically want to be able to use Opera, here is a screenshot of what I get when I try to open the application.I was in a Microsoft Family when this initially came up, I checked...
  9. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am an adult who recently left my Microsoft family after getting my own computer for college work. However despite leaving the family my account is still being effected by Microsoft family limitations that prevent me from using other browsers or browsing freely, including...
  10. Age restriction

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Age restriction: I am on my laptop and am trying to install some games of game pass ultimate DOOM classic and it says this is above Gamertags restriction . I have checked my microsoft account and birth year is definately 1976. I have installed 18+ games before on both my XBOX and PC on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. still restriction from family account