Windows 10: Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family

Discus and support Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mackenzie Dowding, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family

Hi,

I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices I signed into before this change. Why is this? I tried to find a way to change my account to local and then back to a Microsoft account, however this features seems to be unavailable now.

Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family d6d4fff2-f27b-4c4c-a805-6ff4c0e7e772?upload=true.png

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

***Modified title from: Family Safety - I am no longer part of a Microsoft Family yet there are still restrictions on devices signed into before I was removed***

:)

Mackenzie Dowding, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Sten2.0 Win User
    Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family

Windows 10 Family screentime still restricting people no longer in the family

Hi Darrell,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you follow the steps below to completely remove the Microsoft account family safety feature for your son's account.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    You may also check this
    link
    to turn off family features.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family

1. Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family - Similar Threads - Family restrictions being

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  3. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  4. Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family: Hi all, I just recently built my own pc and am on windows 10 pro. I logged in using my Microsoft account that I’ve had forever and have used on Xbox. I thought years ago I got rid of any family restrictions and got it to be on my own but it still says it’s a child’s account....
  5. Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family: Hi all, I just recently built my own pc and am on windows 10 pro. I logged in using my Microsoft account that I’ve had forever and have used on Xbox. I thought years ago I got rid of any family restrictions and got it to be on my own but it still says it’s a child’s account....
  6. Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  8. Family Restrictions

Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  9. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  10. Windows 10 Family Restrictions still present even though removed from family

Windows 10 Family Restrictions still present even though removed from family: Hello. I recently logged into my m=Microsoft account on a new PC. My account was previously linked to a family and I was labeled as a child, but I have just removed myself from the family. However, I'm still unable to download certain pieces of software because of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family permissions not working

2. windows friefox app ask for permission granted