Windows 10: Family Restrictions while accessing apps

Discus and support Family Restrictions while accessing apps in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CodyMc, Jun 23, 2019.

1. CodyMc Win User

Family Restrictions while accessing apps

Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account

However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message:

Family Restrictions while accessing apps 8a4918ca-238f-46c2-8d79-09ce4ab37eb6?upload=true.png

If I try to ask by email, I get another error message:

Family Restrictions while accessing apps 8fb23541-1728-4edd-b7fe-903efeb52844?upload=true.png

There's no one I can ask for permission because my account isn't linked to any family members. I'm the only person using this computer and I'm logged in as an administrator. I want to remove all family features from my account and keep them turned off, what can I do to achieve that?

* Original title: Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age

:)

CodyMc, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Sten2.0 Win User

Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Family Restrictions while accessing apps - Similar Threads - Family Restrictions while

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  3. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  4. Family restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  5. Microsoft Family restrictions

Microsoft Family restrictions: My father removed me from Microsoft Family but I still have restrictions. I have these restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and some other app where I signed up long ago. Help me change this annoying situation Much appreciated...
  6. Restrict Internet Access for Apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restrict Internet Access for Apps?: [IMG] Hi Guys! Im a bit paranoid about what goes in and out of my pc, and i wanted to know if theres an app for my fears. Im looking for something that blocks ALL apps, best case including windows, from accessing the internet without asking me, kinda the same way User...
  7. Family Restrictions

Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  8. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  9. Can't access family section to modify restrictions

Can't access family section to modify restrictions: Hello, For the last few weeks I cannot access the family section of my MS account to modify time restrictions, etc. When I attempt to log in I'm sent to a website that states: Give us a little while to fix this Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try...
  10. Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions

Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions: I removed myself from a Microsoft Family and tried to log into my Microsoft account on a new computer. Previously I was registered as a child but I currently cannot download some software because of the family restrictions. I double checked, I really removed myself from the...