Windows 10: Family Restrictions

Discus and support Family Restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MerpLILZ, Jan 20, 2020.

1. MerpLILZ Win User

Family Restrictions

I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device

:)

MerpLILZ, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Sten2.0 Win User
    Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Jan 20, 2020
  4. johnkwon1 Win User

Family Restrictions

Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Thanks for the response, but this has nothing to do with what I'm asking. I know how to set content restriction for each of my children, but it becomes tedious for me to have to maintain 4 different content restriction "Only Allowed" list when that list
    will be the same for all 4 children. Is there a way to share that list or export/import the list among the children within the family?

johnkwon1, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Family Restrictions

1. Family Restrictions - Similar Threads - Family Restrictions

2. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  3. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  4. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family: when trying to open chrome it tells me to ask for permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-microsoft-family-restrictions-and-im/acc6569e-cdc5-4427-8832-4e7a0b21ef4a
  6. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family: when trying to open chrome it tells me to ask for permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-microsoft-family-restrictions-and-im/acc6569e-cdc5-4427-8832-4e7a0b21ef4a
  7. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  8. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  9. Why do I still have Microsoft family restrictions even though I’m not a child and I left...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I still have Microsoft family restrictions even though I’m not a child and I left...: I’ve recently had some apps that have been blocked by the Microsoft family and I asked my organizer to check if anything was blocked but nothing was, I even created a new account on my computer and logged in and everything and every app was blocked including the Microsoft...
  10. Why do I still have Microsoft family restrictions even though I’m not a child and I left...

Why do I still have Microsoft family restrictions even though I’m not a child and I left...: I’ve recently had some apps that have been blocked by the Microsoft family and I asked my organizer to check if anything was blocked but nothing was, I even created a new account on my computer and logged in and everything and every app was blocked including the Microsoft...