Windows 10: Family safety activity reporting zero time

Discus and support Family safety activity reporting zero time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi,I recently bought a new Win10 laptop for one of my children. I set it up using my Microsoft account and configured it to allow the child account to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MagnusDahrén, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Family safety activity reporting zero time

Hi,I recently bought a new Win10 laptop for one of my children. I set it up using my Microsoft account and configured it to allow the child account to log in. The child can log in and the account is verified, but the activity reporting never starts counting usage and only shows zero minutes used.I’ve tried all the suggested troubleshooting workflows available online including:Turning the activity reporting feature off and onMaking sure diagnostics are being sent from the accountMaking sure the laptop has all the latest windows updatesRestarting the deviceRemoving the child account from the fam

:)

MagnusDahrén, Jul 18, 2021
  2. BC555 Win User

Family Safety not reporting Recent Activity

I followed all suggestions on the link provided by Sangeeta Sarkar. Family Safety STILL does not report recent activity.

BC555, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Family safety activity reports are wrong

I have started to homeschool one of my children, and so I was hoping to use family safety to keep track of his computer activity to make sure he is spending required time doing studying.

But the activity reports are completely bogus.

They will show wrong number of hours using the computer, for example, I know he has been working for 5 hours, but activity report shows 1 hr 21 minutes.

So the times in the activity report are complete useless and unreliable.

It also doesn't even correctly show the apps being used either, some will be missing altogether, and the ones listed clealry have wrong times.

Is this even fixable? I know from long and painful experience with all my kids computers that family safety is not reliable and randomly breaks.

Russ Michaels, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Family safety activity reporting zero time

Family Safety not reporting Recent Activity

Hello Marilou,

Thank you for replying. I have gone through almost every suggestion posted by the community, including the steps outlined in Pawan Dhondiyal's post, but nothing has worked so far. To briefly summarize,
    I have done the following troubleshooting steps over and over again:

1) Removed my daughter's account from my family using your website https://account.microsoft.com/family

2) Deleted my daughter's account from her tablet

3) Deleted the contents of C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls on
    her tablet

4) Deleted my daughter's account profile from
    Computer Management\Local Users and Groups\Users

5) Deleted my daughter's home folder from
    C:\Users

6) Added my daughter's account to my family again using
    your website
    https://account.microsoft.com/family and accepted the invitation

7) Set both Activity Reporting and Email Weekly Reports options to ON

8) Added my daughter's account to her tablet and logged in using her account

9) Verified my daughter's account on her tablet

10) The family safety icon is visible in the taskbar, but the "Your device activity is being reported to adults in your family" notification is not displayed

Permissions & screen time limits are working correctly, but recent activity shows up empty. No weekly email reports have been received.

It looks like Microsoft has screwed up big time with the Family Safety activity reporting in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Family safety activity reporting zero time 786894af-da9b-42a1-830c-9ce50c2b6762.jpg

Hemant Kamat, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Family safety activity reporting zero time

1. Family safety activity reporting zero time - Similar Threads - Family safety activity

2. Family safety screen time report and adding windows device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety screen time report and adding windows device: HiPlease help me fix screen time report for missing window devices.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time-report-and-adding/4df0a5b0-600a-46e4-a045-1d3f6bf869c8
  3. Family safety screen time report and adding windows device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety screen time report and adding windows device: HiPlease help me fix screen time report for missing window devices.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time-report-and-adding/4df0a5b0-600a-46e4-a045-1d3f6bf869c8
  4. Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC: Hi Suppport,How are you! Good morning,Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time are not working on all Windows 11 PC and not see window device to monitor. Please fix for me.All 3 devices are in her account but screen time is not updated as before.Thanks...
  5. Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC

Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC: Hi Suppport,How are you! Good morning,Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time are not working on all Windows 11 PC and not see window device to monitor. Please fix for me.All 3 devices are in her account but screen time is not updated as before.Thanks...
  6. Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC: Family Group Set up correctly. Child has non-Admin Account and Computer is Linked to her Account.However Screen Time is always 0 even after hours of using Computer. I have tried most of the suggestions in this forum to fix with no success. The latest option I attempted was to...
  7. Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC

Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC: Family Group Set up correctly. Child has non-Admin Account and Computer is Linked to her Account.However Screen Time is always 0 even after hours of using Computer. I have tried most of the suggestions in this forum to fix with no success. The latest option I attempted was to...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting: In Microsoft Family Safety, I can see my child's activity for today, and I can look at their activity over the last 7 days, but I can't see their activity on specific days in the past. Furthermore, even when I look at today's activity, I only see total hours and not details...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  10. Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety: Hi there, I have family safety installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10e assigned to a Microsoft account, which is also signed in on a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are using Edge as their browser. The laptop is reporting the activity fine, but the Galaxy device is not reporting...