Windows 10: Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working

Discus and support Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child needs access to Google classrooms for school work. However, I want him to only have access to specific websites rather than him have full... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Brecath, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Brecath Win User

Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working

My child needs access to Google classrooms for school work. However, I want him to only have access to specific websites rather than him have full internet access. When I add specific websites to "always allowed" following a child sending a permission to me as a parent, it still doesn't give permission despite restarting the device.

I had 'Google' on the 'always blocked' list - would this impact on getting access to Google Classrooms even if I had the Google classroom webpage link on the 'always allowed?'

I am able to block websites and that works but it is an endless task of tracking his activity

[Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family]

:)

Brecath, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working

Marivel Man, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working

1. Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working - Similar Threads - Family Safety always

2. Device limit is not working as intended on family safety feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device limit is not working as intended on family safety feature: Hi, I am trying to set a time limit on my child’s computer using the family safety app. I set this to two hours across all devices, the time limit has been reached, and on the app is says the “Time limit reached today” however my child is still able to use his computer. I am...
  3. Device limit is not working as intended on family safety feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device limit is not working as intended on family safety feature: Hi, I am trying to set a time limit on my child’s computer using the family safety app. I set this to two hours across all devices, the time limit has been reached, and on the app is says the “Time limit reached today” however my child is still able to use his computer. I am...
  4. Family Safety Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Features: I was removed from my family group on Microsoft. When I am managing my account and click family it says it is just me. There is no indication Iam a part of the family anymore. Although, when I try to go to websites to download mods for some games it is still asking me to ask...
  5. Family Safety Features

Family Safety Features: I was removed from my family group on Microsoft. When I am managing my account and click family it says it is just me. There is no indication Iam a part of the family anymore. Although, when I try to go to websites to download mods for some games it is still asking me to ask...
  6. Remove family safety features?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove family safety features?: A while ago my dad set up microsoft family safety features for my account. Cool didn't really matter back then. But now I just finished building a pc and installing windows and I can't access the web because of this. Is there a way to completely remove this account from that...
  7. Family Safety and allowing uninstalls

Family Safety and allowing uninstalls: Hi all, I have MS Family Safety with several devices connected. For the most part it works well. However, a family member minor is unable to perform uninstalls if required, and asks for my administrator password. This could be an issue if he's at school. If there any way to...
  8. Family Safety and allowing uninstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety and allowing uninstalls: Hi all, I have MS Family Safety with several devices connected. For the most part it works well. However, a family member minor is unable to perform uninstalls if required, and asks for my administrator password. This could be an issue if he's at school. If there any way to...
  9. Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety: Hello Everyone, Please, how do I allow an app purchase from Store on Desktop for my daughter she needs my permission for, when all it does in MS Family Safety after clicking "allow" is that the page gets refreshed with the same two options allow/deny? She wants to install...
  10. Remove Family Safety Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Family Safety Features: I want to completely remove the family safety features on my daughter's account. They consistently work incorrectly and right now she is locked out of her computer entirely despite me repeatedly approving more time for her. How do I remove the family safety features...