Windows 10: Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

Discus and support Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MJS66, Sep 14, 2020.

1. MJS66 Win User

Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've tried blocking it from both his computer as well as mine, but nothing seems to work. The feature simply doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing?

:)

MJS66, Sep 14, 2020

2. Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 14, 2020
  3. some user Win User
    Microsoft Family Safety app blocking not reliable

I have a Windows 10 tablet for my kid. I have it setup through Microsoft Family Safety such that certain app is blocked. I tested it and it worked. However, I found out that my kid can simply bypass the protection by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Am I doing it wrong?

some user, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

1. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work - Similar Threads - Family Safety App

2. Family Safety - not working at all

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - not working at all: Hello I have noticed that Family Safety no longer works reliably on Windows 10. Every time I set it up it works for up to a couple of days. It then stops. One laptop shows limits off, the other's schedule reverts to 12hr limit, every day of the week. 2 hours limit...
  3. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...: I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family safety, because my account is not part of a family safety group, and the wpcmon.exe family safety task is disabled. I...
  4. Unable to block youtube using family safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to block youtube using family safety: Going through https://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/content-restrictions and blocking youtube.com does not work. It works with other webistes, but not specifically youtube. I tried all variations of youtube with http and https or www and everything you can think of....
  5. Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.: Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list. It doesn't seem work at all actually! I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser! please help me!...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety app

Microsoft Family Safety app: Hi there, do we add family members and organisers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-app/9a05b61a-671a-4cc5-a910-c271a98352e2
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Not Working....

Microsoft Family Safety Not Working....: So, I don't know if it's something my teenager has done to undermine my controls, but for the life of me I cannot seem to get the Microsoft Family Safety to engage with my son's laptop. I've verified everything, it shows his device, it shows all the restriction settings...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites

Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites: Windows 10, up to date. Microsoft Edge downloaded. I have an account set up for my 10 year old. Microsoft Family Safety is enabled. I have 8 websites allowed. "Only Allow These Websites" is enabled. "Block Inappropriate Websites" is enabled. When logged in to her account on...
  9. Family Safety limits are not working

Family Safety limits are not working: My Family Safety time limits are not working for one of my children, the other child's limits work just fine. I have tried all of the suggestions I could find in the community; account is verified, all updates done, I have even tried deleting the account from the family and...
  10. Not possible to block Microsoft.com using Family Safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not possible to block Microsoft.com using Family Safety: It is not possible to block Microsoft.com with Family Safety. We have tried listing it as a site to always block and have also tried creating a whitelist of sites that does not include Microsoft.com. Neither approach works. This makes it possible for children to access...