Windows 10: Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

Discus and support Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MJS66, Sep 14, 2020.

1. MJS66 Win User

Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've tried blocking it from both his computer as well as mine, but nothing seems to work. The feature simply doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing?

:)

MJS66, Sep 14, 2020

2. Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 14, 2020
  3. some user Win User
    Microsoft Family Safety app blocking not reliable

I have a Windows 10 tablet for my kid. I have it setup through Microsoft Family Safety such that certain app is blocked. I tested it and it worked. However, I found out that my kid can simply bypass the protection by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Am I doing it wrong?

some user, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

1. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work - Similar Threads - Family Safety App

2. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works: Windows 10 PC 2/29/2024Screen time is set to 0 minutesHowever the child account is still able to login on the device. I can block apps and that is working properly. I have checked for updates, checked it’s a standard user account, verified the child account. No idea why this...
  3. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works: Windows 10 PC 2/29/2024Screen time is set to 0 minutesHowever the child account is still able to login on the device. I can block apps and that is working properly. I have checked for updates, checked it’s a standard user account, verified the child account. No idea why this...
  4. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why doesn't family safety work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't family safety work?: Good evening! My problem would be that the parental safety system simply does not work. Neither from a phone nor from a computer. I want to leave the family safety family group, because in 2 months I will only be 18 years old and there are things that Microsoft does not...
  6. Why doesn't family safety work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why doesn't family safety work?: Good evening! My problem would be that the parental safety system simply does not work. Neither from a phone nor from a computer. I want to leave the family safety family group, because in 2 months I will only be 18 years old and there are things that Microsoft does not...
  7. Family Safety App not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety App not working: The Family Safety app was unsinstalled on my phone by mistake. Now when I’ve re-installed it and trying to sign in again it is not going beyond the page where I need to grant permission to Share Location. When I press the “next” button it does not move ahead. What can I do?...
  8. Family Safety App not working

Family Safety App not working: The Family Safety app was unsinstalled on my phone by mistake. Now when I’ve re-installed it and trying to sign in again it is not going beyond the page where I need to grant permission to Share Location. When I press the “next” button it does not move ahead. What can I do?...
  9. Family Safety App not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety App not working: I use Family Safety App to manage my sons xbox and Microsoft Laptop. I use the app on my Iphone 13 running IOS 16. For the past month, the app has been doing two things:1. suddenly closing on me when attempting to approve a request2. not registering the approval on my sons...
  10. Family Safety App not working

Family Safety App not working: I use Family Safety App to manage my sons xbox and Microsoft Laptop. I use the app on my Iphone 13 running IOS 16. For the past month, the app has been doing two things:1. suddenly closing on me when attempting to approve a request2. not registering the approval on my sons...