Windows 10: family safety "Block App" does not work on AVG Web Browser

Discus and support family safety "Block App" does not work on AVG Web Browser in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have set up family safety features for my kids. But lately I have noticed one of them installed AVG Web Browser, I added it to "Always Blocked" list,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Marek_74, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Marek_74 Win User

family safety "Block App" does not work on AVG Web Browser

I have set up family safety features for my kids. But lately I have noticed one of them installed AVG Web Browser, I added it to "Always Blocked" list, but it still starts on his computer.

When you start the app there is a window displayed "App is blocked due to family settings", but the browser still starts underneath and you can use it.

How can I effectively block it?

Thank you.

:)

Marek_74, Feb 2, 2021

2. Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 2, 2021
  3. SalomehJ Win User
    Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

It doesn't seem work at all actually!

I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser!

please help me!

SalomehJ, Feb 2, 2021
  4. family safety "Block App" does not work on AVG Web Browser

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

family safety "Block App" does not work on AVG Web Browser

1. family safety "Block App" does not work on AVG Web Browser - Similar Threads - family safety Block

2. Why Does Family Safety not Block Windows Search Web Results.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why Does Family Safety not Block Windows Search Web Results.: Hello, I use Microsoft's family security to block certain applications and all websites expect some educational ones. Everything works perfectly except for the fact that using Windows search on the taskbar will still bring up the web result, including the image. I have...
  3. Why Does Family Safety not Block Windows Search Web Results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Family Safety not Block Windows Search Web Results.: Hello, I use Microsoft's family security to block certain applications and all websites expect some educational ones. Everything works perfectly except for the fact that using Windows search on the taskbar will still bring up the web result, including the image. I have...
  4. Why Does Family Safety not Block Windows Search Web Results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why Does Family Safety NOT Block Windows Search Web Results.

Why Does Family Safety NOT Block Windows Search Web Results.: I have a user account for my children on my computer. I use Microsoft family safety to block certain apps and all websites expect for a few educational ones. Everything works perfectly except for the fact that using windows search on the taskbar will still bring up web...
  6. Why Does Family Safety NOT Block Windows Search Web Results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Family Safety NOT Block Windows Search Web Results.: I have a user account for my children on my computer. I use Microsoft family safety to block certain apps and all websites expect for a few educational ones. Everything works perfectly except for the fact that using windows search on the taskbar will still bring up web...
  7. Why Does Family Safety NOT Block Windows Search Web Results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Family Safety Does NOT Block Windows Search Web Results.

Family Safety Does NOT Block Windows Search Web Results.: I recently set up a user account for my children on my computer. I used Microsoft family safety to block certain apps and all websites expect for a few educational ones. Everything works perfectly except for the fact that using windows search will still bring up web result,...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety - Website blocking does not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Website blocking does not work: Hello, I cannot block websites in Microsoft Family Safety settings. When I type the address of a website that I want to be blocked eg www.youtube.com, instead of blocking the websitewww.youtube.com/, the web adresshttps://https//www.youtube.com/ is blocked. An additional...
  10. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work: I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've tried blocking it from both his computer as well as mine, but nothing seems to work. The feature simply doesn't work. Is there...