Windows 10: Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

Discus and support Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LiamPhillips3, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family safety, because my account is not part of a family safety group, and the wpcmon.exe family safety task is disabled. I verified this several times. In fact, when I go to my Microsoft account and click family, it asks if I want to set up a family, because I am not a part of a family safety group. I then disabled inheritance on wpcmon.exe, gave myself full control as the owner, and verified that all family safety services were disabled, but it still didn't work. I am also 20 years old. So how is Firefox being blocked?

:)

LiamPhillips3, Sep 11, 2020

2. Family Safety issues

Hi,

Microsoft family features (includes family safety features formerly known as
    Microsoft Family Safety), is a free set of features available on Windows 10 PC and Mobile that is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system.
    Please ensure that the parent email account is set as an administrator on the child's laptop. Once done, you may follow the steps below to properly manage the settings on the Family Safety website:

• On the Start screen, type Family Safety.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click the Family Safety icon.
    • On the bottom part of the window, click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. Your default browser will direct you to the Family Safety website.
    • Sign in using the parent account.

For your reference, you may also check this article regarding Family Safety:
    Frequently Asked Questions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 11, 2020
  4. SalomehJ Win User

Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

It doesn't seem work at all actually!

I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser!

please help me!

SalomehJ, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

1. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is... - Similar Threads - Family safety blocking

2. Family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety: I’m convinced there is a second family safety account for my son blocking games we left the platform for the one I can see. Is there a way to dig deeper and see if there is another account associated with his email i...
  3. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  4. Family safety

Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group

Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group: I'm having trouble with Microsoft family Safety constantly blocking websites even though I'm not a part of a family group. I keep getting "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family" and ask now takes me to an error...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group: I'm having trouble with Microsoft family Safety constantly blocking websites even though I'm not a part of a family group. I keep getting "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family" and ask now takes me to an error...
  7. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  8. Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  9. Family safety blocking roblox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety blocking roblox.: i opened roblox not from microsoft store, the one from roblox.com and when updating roblox bar was full there was an error messange "An error occured while starting roblox. details: unable to open file for writing: C:\Users\Antoś\Appdata\local\roblox\downloads\.part. The...
  10. Family Safety.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...