Windows 10: Family Safety - cannot log on

Discus and support Family Safety - cannot log on in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm looking to switch off family safety screen time as it's not working properly for my son. i've tried changing the times it's allowed and tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TanyaScamarcia, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Family Safety - cannot log on

I'm looking to switch off family safety screen time as it's not working properly for my son. i've tried changing the times it's allowed and tried turning it off but it's still saying he has reached his screen limit for the day, the original time appears when trying to log in.

When he selects, my parent is here, it won't allow him to proceed.

When he selects, ask for more time, it's says "oops something went wrong".

Anyone had anything similar who can help?

:)

TanyaScamarcia, Feb 1, 2021

2. Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes in Windows 10.

Hi Joanne,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety account.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you tried to log out or restart from the child's computer and logging in to the computer?
    • Are you able to see the child account in the Family Safety settings after removing it?

I suggest you to refer to the steps below to remove the child account from the family safety account and also turn on
    Activity reporting.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/turn-off-family-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit managing child account in Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Family Safety

Hi Robert Englund,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

The activity report is gathered in the Event Viewer logs and you can clear the logs there.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows logo Key + R
      key.
    • Type eventvwr.msc
    • Navigate to

Applications and Service Logs -->Microsoft -->Windows -->ParentalControls -->Operational
    • Clear Log.

Note: That will reset the activity report and shall delete all the Family safety reports.

For more information, you may refer the following Microsoft help article.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Family Safety - cannot log on

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Family Safety - cannot log on

1. Family Safety - cannot log on - Similar Threads - Family Safety cannot

2. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  3. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  4. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  6. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety: Family Organizers cannot remove child from Family.Device screen time limits do not work.All troubleshooting has been followed.MS online chat support was not able to fix the problem.Tech support needed to fix problem....
  7. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety: Family Organizers cannot remove child from Family.Device screen time limits do not work.All troubleshooting has been followed.MS online chat support was not able to fix the problem.Tech support needed to fix problem....
  8. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Family Safety

Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  10. Family Safety.

Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...