Windows 10: Family safety: child position on maps does not update

Discus and support Family safety: child position on maps does not update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello,I have Family safety set for both my children Android phone.It looks working good except for position on maps: it looks like it does not update... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pdario, Feb 24, 2023.

1. pdario Win User

Family safety: child position on maps does not update

Hello,I have Family safety set for both my children Android phone.It looks working good except for position on maps: it looks like it does not update anymore!They are both shown at home, but 8 and 51 days ago!I tried opening map within Family Safety app on a child phone and it shows the blue dot at the correct position, so it could be the phone does not send the position to MS servers or the map on my side does not update.I also tried disabling location sharing on one phone: on my map it becomes labeled as "location not shared"; when I enable it back, it comes back to "8 days ago" label.Any hi

:)

pdario, Feb 24, 2023

2. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 24, 2023
  3. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Family safety: child position on maps does not update 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Feb 24, 2023
  4. Family safety: child position on maps does not update

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

Family safety: child position on maps does not update

1. Family safety: child position on maps does not update - Similar Threads - Family safety child

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  6. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  7. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  8. remove a child in family safety

remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  9. Family safety: child position on maps does not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: child position on maps does not update: Hello,I have Family safety set for both my children Android phone.It looks working good except for position on maps: it looks like it does not update anymore!They are both shown at home, but 8 and 51 days ago!I tried opening map within Family Safety app on a child phone and...
  10. Family safety: child position on maps does not update

Family safety: child position on maps does not update: Hello,I have Family safety set for both my children Android phone.It looks working good except for position on maps: it looks like it does not update anymore!They are both shown at home, but 8 and 51 days ago!I tried opening map within Family Safety app on a child phone and...