Windows 10: Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.

Discus and support Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have HP Pavalion 15" laptop bought brand new 9 months ago for my child. We used family safety app in the iphone to be able to regulate our child's... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Adam CH, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Adam CH Win User

Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.

I have HP Pavalion 15" laptop bought brand new 9 months ago for my child. We used family safety app in the iphone to be able to regulate our child's screen time for this laptop. This laptop has only 1 account and that is for my child. It all worked fine for 8 months. One fine day, it stopped working and is stuck in a login loop.On the login screen after I enter my pin1 A blue pop up appears suggesting "Time's up". It gives me 3 options. Switch users OR My parent is here OR Send Request2 There are no other users on this laptop so skip that option3 "Send Request" option worked will til

:)

Adam CH, Aug 25, 2021
  2. Phil_HI Win User

Family Safety child account: can't login and time limits wrong

My child has a windows 10 PC that only has one account on it. This account is setup as a child account under family safety and has been working normally for a while.

All of a sudden the account does not seem to be able to update any restriction information from the family safety system. The computer is locked out because there is no screen time remaining and the account cannot login.

If I change or remove/disable the screen time limits on the family safety website this has no impact - the changes are not recognized on the child's computer. Clicking "request more time" also has no effect - no message is sent to the parent account. The
    behavior is as if the computer were not connected to the Internet, but the wi-fi appears to be working normally. Of course there is no real way to check this because we can't login.

Because there are no other accounts on the computer we are effectively locked out.

Any suggestions as to how we can resolve this so that we can login to the computer are greatly appreciated.

In future I will be sure to add a parental account to any computer that has family safety setup for a child account but that does not help with the current situation.

Phil_HI, Aug 25, 2021
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Aug 25, 2021
  4. Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.

Microsoft Family safety not working properly and not able to extened the time limit for child account usage on Windows 10.

Hi Maria,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Is the issue occurring with other child account or with a specific child's account?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about managing kids request in the Family Safety settings and check if it helps.

Refer to the section: Manage your kids' requests.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits

Please get back to us with an update on issue with managing Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.

1. Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login. - Similar Threads - Family Safety Child

2. Cannot Login Windows 10 after Xbox app Login to child's account - Family Safety says Time's up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Login Windows 10 after Xbox app Login to child's account - Family Safety says Time's up: Urgent, I'm locked out of my Windows 10 PCMy Windows 10 Pc had an offline account say account A, no passwordWindows used to boot and auto log on to account A, simpleMy son opened Xbox app and logged on to his online Microsoft account say account B. The account was part of a...
  3. Cannot Login Windows 10 after Xbox app Login to child's account - Family Safety says Time's up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Login Windows 10 after Xbox app Login to child's account - Family Safety says Time's up: Urgent, I'm locked out of my Windows 10 PCMy Windows 10 Pc had an offline account say account A, no passwordWindows used to boot and auto log on to account A, simpleMy son opened Xbox app and logged on to his online Microsoft account say account B. The account was part of a...
  4. Cannot Login Windows 10 after Xbox app Login to child's account - Family Safety says Time's up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Child account in family safety is no visible

Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  6. Child account in family safety is no visible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  7. Family Safety issue, unable to accept invitation on childs account, goes into endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety issue, unable to accept invitation on childs account, goes into endless loop: Hello,I have made a family for me and my son. Looking at it in my family safety I see only myself. Looking at it from my sons account there is both him and me. If I add him as a member of the family from my account I need to invite him. When I invite him he needs to accept...
  8. Family Safety issue, unable to accept invitation on childs account, goes into endless loop

Family Safety issue, unable to accept invitation on childs account, goes into endless loop: Hello,I have made a family for me and my son. Looking at it in my family safety I see only myself. Looking at it from my sons account there is both him and me. If I add him as a member of the family from my account I need to invite him. When I invite him he needs to accept...
  9. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  10. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...