Windows 10: Family Safety, does it work offline after getting all set up?

Discus and support Family Safety, does it work offline after getting all set up? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, i wonder if i can log in offline into my "adult" or "child" account even if i am not connected to internet ?! i know all about local user so... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IsmailUwair, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Family Safety, does it work offline after getting all set up?

Hello,

i wonder if i can log in offline into my "adult" or "child" account even if i am not connected to internet ?! i know all about local user so pls dont give me such answer.

if kid logged in and the cut the internet off, is he still able to use the computer or his child account further or he is goint to be logged of directly or he is gonna be logged of after his time is done, how windows react on such thing, like take lan cable?!

could a child without administration privilages stop family safety or other process? like taskkill or with taskmanager or somehow?

assuming i am not giving him the password even to his account only the pin that he can login but he cant leave family group etc.

could the kid remove the password from the adult account and login and make changes, like pc unlocker or sth using boot to remove account password, does that work on microsoft account?

:)

IsmailUwair, Sep 19, 2019
  2. philip Win User

Family safety offline alternative

I would like a family safety alternative that works offline in windows it need to able do all that windows 8 version did which includes:

Time limits(how long child can spend and what hours they can use the computer and extra time can be give by admins)
    Desktop app restrictions(white list of apps that child can use)
    Windows app restrictions(white list of apps that child can use)
    web filters not necessary as it is a offline pc
    and is free

would be nice if i had remote control from another pc that allows me to give extra time, force log off, block/allow programs, see what app are running been running and how long all in real time.

philip, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Sep 19, 2019
  4. RenaldasP Win User

Family Safety, does it work offline after getting all set up?

Family Safety doesn't work on power saver

I tried everything you suggested, but nothing worked. I think the problem is that power saver restricts running Family Safety and other apps from running in the background. I can manually enable an app in the Settings, but there's no such app like Family
    Safety in the list.

RenaldasP, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Family Safety, does it work offline after getting all set up?

1. Family Safety, does it work offline after getting all set up? - Similar Threads - Family Safety does

2. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is Family Safety app working at all?? .: Is Family Safety app working at all?? If there was a glitch like the MS support responded to another user, how can it happen one way?? My wife cam see me on the app on her phone, but I can't .....
  3. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Family Safety app working at all?? .: Is Family Safety app working at all?? If there was a glitch like the MS support responded to another user, how can it happen one way?? My wife cam see me on the app on her phone, but I can't .....
  4. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. setting up family safety on same device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up family safety on same device: Hi, we purchased a Dell computer for Christmas and it is used as the family computer. I am using it now. I want to set up accounts for my kids to use this computer instead of using my sign in. I also want to be able to limit their screen time on this device. I have set up an...
  6. setting up family safety on same device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting up family safety on same device: Hi, we purchased a Dell computer for Christmas and it is used as the family computer. I am using it now. I want to set up accounts for my kids to use this computer instead of using my sign in. I also want to be able to limit their screen time on this device. I have set up an...
  7. Family Safety not Working for all accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety not Working for all accounts: I have set the Family Safety Settings for both my child accounts with time limits as well what apps they can use during the allowed time. Once One Child logs in the other time limits are also consumed, I saw now user specific services are running while this is happening....
  8. Family safety setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family safety setting: I started to use edge few days ago,i found out some website got blocked and ask me to send a request to family member to use the website,But the problem is i don't even have a family group,so i can't send request to anyone,please someone help me,it drive me crazy....
  9. Family Safety - not working at all

Family Safety - not working at all: Hello I have noticed that Family Safety no longer works reliably on Windows 10. Every time I set it up it works for up to a couple of days. It then stops. One laptop shows limits off, the other's schedule reverts to 12hr limit, every day of the week. 2 hours limit...
  10. Family safety offline alternative

Family safety offline alternative: I would like a family safety alternative that works offline in windows it need to able do all that windows 8 version did which includes: Time limits(how long child can spend and what hours they can use the computer and extra time can be give by admins) Desktop app...