Windows 10: Family safety does not allow to manage consent.

Discus and support Family safety does not allow to manage consent. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I got a problem with Microsoft family safety.1 I created an account with a random date of birth, and now it seems account locked, could not get consent... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Angivalo, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Angivalo Win User

Family safety does not allow to manage consent.

I got a problem with Microsoft family safety.1 I created an account with a random date of birth, and now it seems account locked, could not get consent with a great account, MS help gave me access to the account, but now I cannot change the DOB greyed out.When trying to provide access to a child account, I get to a white screen with the following text:Manage permissionsIn the United States, South Korea, Brazil, and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online account. You can use this page to manage the child accounts for which you provided consent.

:)

Angivalo, Apr 17, 2023
  2. djstein Win User

"Manage consent" option is completely missing from parent accounts

Thanks for the suggestion, but this does not work for two reasons.

The page that you provided - "Managing parental consent (microsoft.com)" does not include any specific instructions for "changing the child account to an older age."

That page does provide these instructions for "removing consent" -

"Visit family.microsoft.com and sign into your Microsoft account.

1. Scroll down and select Manage my child’s profile info.

2. Find your family member and select Remove consent for this child’s account."

However, when I login to either my primary account or the "phone number" account, I have no option to "manage my child's profile info." The options on that page include only the following:

* Try the Family Safety app

* Find your family

* Drive safely

* Your family email

* Family calendar

* Family OneNote

* Screen time

* Content filters

* Spending

* Activity reporting

* Need more help? (View help articles)

None of these has an option to "manage my child's profile info." Nor does such an option appear when I click on the child account listed on the family page - I only get these options:

* Family Safety Features ("Get the Microsoft Family Safety mobile app")

* Screen time

* Apps and games

* Web and search

* Spending

* Family Safety Features ("start free trial for M365 family")

...and a few toggle buttons for reporting emails.

What else do you recommend?

djstein, Apr 17, 2023
  3. Family Safety issues

Hi,

Microsoft family features (includes family safety features formerly known as
    Microsoft Family Safety), is a free set of features available on Windows 10 PC and Mobile that is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system.
    Please ensure that the parent email account is set as an administrator on the child's laptop. Once done, you may follow the steps below to properly manage the settings on the Family Safety website:

• On the Start screen, type Family Safety.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click the Family Safety icon.
    • On the bottom part of the window, click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. Your default browser will direct you to the Family Safety website.
    • Sign in using the parent account.

For your reference, you may also check this article regarding Family Safety:
    Frequently Asked Questions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 17, 2023
  4. Family safety does not allow to manage consent.

Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 17, 2023
Thema:

Family safety does not allow to manage consent.

1. Family safety does not allow to manage consent. - Similar Threads - Family safety does

2. family consent

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family consent: i am no longer a family member at all and my age in my account is above 40. but still it asks me for a parent consent, in order to open chrome or open some file in my edge browser. i dont know even where this messege is sent to...
  3. family consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family consent: i am no longer a family member at all and my age in my account is above 40. but still it asks me for a parent consent, in order to open chrome or open some file in my edge browser. i dont know even where this messege is sent to...
  4. family consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family safety does not allow to manage consent.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety does not allow to manage consent.: I got a problem with Microsoft family safety.1 I created an account with a random date of birth, and now it seems account locked, could not get consent with a great account, MS help gave me access to the account, but now I cannot change the DOB greyed out.When trying to...
  6. Family safety does not allow to manage consent.

Family safety does not allow to manage consent.: I got a problem with Microsoft family safety.1 I created an account with a random date of birth, and now it seems account locked, could not get consent with a great account, MS help gave me access to the account, but now I cannot change the DOB greyed out.When trying to...
  7. Family Safety and allowing uninstalls

Family Safety and allowing uninstalls: Hi all, I have MS Family Safety with several devices connected. For the most part it works well. However, a family member minor is unable to perform uninstalls if required, and asks for my administrator password. This could be an issue if he's at school. If there any way to...
  8. Family Safety and allowing uninstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety and allowing uninstalls: Hi all, I have MS Family Safety with several devices connected. For the most part it works well. However, a family member minor is unable to perform uninstalls if required, and asks for my administrator password. This could be an issue if he's at school. If there any way to...
  9. Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety: Hello Everyone, Please, how do I allow an app purchase from Store on Desktop for my daughter she needs my permission for, when all it does in MS Family Safety after clicking "allow" is that the page gets refreshed with the same two options allow/deny? She wants to install...
  10. Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working

Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working: My child needs access to Google classrooms for school work. However, I want him to only have access to specific websites rather than him have full internet access. When I add specific websites to "always allowed" following a child sending a permission to me as a parent, it...