Windows 10: Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair

Discus and support Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Family safety app doesn't show the repaired laptop as it's name has changed due to change in hard diskHave tried all tricks but none workingAlthough it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DIPTIMAYI SAHOO, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair

Family safety app doesn't show the repaired laptop as it's name has changed due to change in hard diskHave tried all tricks but none workingAlthough it shows on individual account but doesn't show when I add my kids name back to the family

:)

DIPTIMAYI SAHOO, Mar 27, 2023
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Family Safety unlinking device doesn' t work

When I was just browsing trough the internet, I accidentally connected my laptop to my microsoft account. (I use 2 laptops and this one isn' t supposed to be connected to my account)

I have tried to search up ways to undo this, with no succes. It still shows up in my Microsoft Family Safety devices-list. I don' t know how to fix this.

It would be grately appreciated if someone could show me a way to do this.

Thanks, Sophie

Sophie_IvD, Mar 27, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair

1. Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair - Similar Threads - Family safety doesn't

2. Why doesn't family safety work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't family safety work?: Good evening! My problem would be that the parental safety system simply does not work. Neither from a phone nor from a computer. I want to leave the family safety family group, because in 2 months I will only be 18 years old and there are things that Microsoft does not...
  3. Why doesn't family safety work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't family safety work?: Good evening! My problem would be that the parental safety system simply does not work. Neither from a phone nor from a computer. I want to leave the family safety family group, because in 2 months I will only be 18 years old and there are things that Microsoft does not...
  4. Why doesn't family safety work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair: Family safety app doesn't show the repaired laptop as it's name has changed due to change in hard diskHave tried all tricks but none workingAlthough it shows on individual account but doesn't show when I add my kids name back to the family...
  6. Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair

Family safety doesn't work if laptop name has changed after repair: Family safety app doesn't show the repaired laptop as it's name has changed due to change in hard diskHave tried all tricks but none workingAlthough it shows on individual account but doesn't show when I add my kids name back to the family...
  7. Family safety doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 11: I used the "limit screen time" feature in Family Safety to limit my PC usage. I created a new parent account and set my own account as child. This worked perfectly in Windows 10. It stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11, though.Here are some things I've tried:-...
  8. Family safety doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 11

Family safety doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 11: I used the "limit screen time" feature in Family Safety to limit my PC usage. I created a new parent account and set my own account as child. This worked perfectly in Windows 10. It stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11, though.Here are some things I've tried:-...
  9. Family Safety has stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety has stopped working: I've had my child on a MS child account for a year, using windows 10, and have been able to effectively use this to block their laptop & limit time. This week possibly following an update? it's stopped working. I can block some apps but only intermittently and I can't block...
  10. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work: I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've tried blocking it from both his computer as well as mine, but nothing seems to work. The feature simply doesn't work. Is there...