Windows 10: Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

Discus and support Family Safety - having trouble adding a member in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paul TaylorFP, May 21, 2022.

1. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said: "You're already in a family group. You'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one .To leave a group, select Go to family group, find your name, and then select [three vertical dots] and Leave family group."It was a bit of a surprise to hear that he was already apparently in another fam

:)

Paul TaylorFP, May 21, 2022

2. Adding phone to Family Safety

If you haven't used Family Safety before, you can skip this step. If you already use Family Safety, you'll see a screen where you need to match each Windows account to a name on the Family Safety members list.
    If a Windows account doesn't have a matching Family Safety name, click the option to add it.

You'll recognize the people listed on the Family Safety members list as the people in your family who already use Family Safety. When you match them to their Windows accounts, you're verifying for Family Safety that each person is matched to their own correct
    settings. For example, if your child's name is Ben, he might have a Windows account named Ben but be listed in the Family Safety members list as Ben Miller. By matching the accounts, you tell Family Safety that this is the same person.

If there's a Windows account on the computer for someone who hasn't used Family Safety before, you'll see them at the bottom of the list. When you click Add (person's name), Family Safety creates a new Family Safety
    membership for them with their Windows account name.

Family Safety - having trouble adding a member [​IMG]

You can match your existing Family Safety settings to your Windows accounts...

Add passwords...

It's important that all of your Windows accounts have passwords. If you have an account without a password, your kids could log on to that account and bypass their Family Safety settings.

If the Windows accounts you're setting up to monitor don't have passwords, click Add passwords.

If you have guest accounts on your computer, you should turn them off because kids can also use them to bypass safety settings.

Verify your setup...

Click Next and you'll see the Windows accounts that Family Safety is now monitoring on the computer.

Family Safety - having trouble adding a member [​IMG]

See the Windows accounts that are being monitored and what their settings are.

Jody.Brown, May 21, 2022
  3. No email sent when adding family member to Family Safety in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Which mail are you using?

• Did you check in the junk folder?
    If the invitation is not there in the junk or spam folder, I suggest you to delete the sent invitation from family safety account and re send it and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 21, 2022
  4. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

Adding Family Members

Hi,

Through my Windows 10 I invited my family members although they never accepted the invitation. I want to resend the invitations but when I go to do that, it says they're already family members; they're not even listed (or even showing there's an invite)
    through the family members window. What do I do?

Thanks so much.

Lisa

LisaBobbitt, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

1. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member - Similar Threads - Family Safety having

2. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  3. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  4. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - having trouble adding a member: When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said:...
  6. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety - having trouble adding a member: When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said:...
  7. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  8. Adding a Family Member

Adding a Family Member: I'm attempting to add my daughter a child as a Family Member - she has a Microsoft account. I have successfully sent the invitation but when we open the email invite and click on 'Join' it informs us that she already belongs to a family group. When I sign on to her Microsoft...
  9. Family members added misteriously

Family members added misteriously: An unknown email account appears registered as a family member under my account. I did not authorize or add this email account. I try to remove the account and Microsoft does not allow it! I get some outdated info about "removing consent" but I can't find a link to...
  10. Adding a family member

Adding a family member: I have added my child to our family account but she does not appear as an option when I initially log into the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-family-member/3f3aedc2-b015-455c-a31f-c98e5c20f87f"