Windows 10: Family Safety, how to stop a child from deleting himself as a family member

Discus and support Family Safety, how to stop a child from deleting himself as a family member in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable a child from removing itself from the family? I am testing the child settings for our family. I logged in as a child... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AnnGrossman, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Family Safety, how to stop a child from deleting himself as a family member

Is there a way to disable a child from removing itself from the family?

I am testing the child settings for our family. I logged in as a child account. From there I went to manage family settings online. I noticed a link that would remove me the child account from the family. Wouldn't that also effectively disable the child settings we put in place?

This is kind of a serious problem. That would mean creating a child account is useless when the child removes itself from the family.

:)

AnnGrossman, Sep 1, 2020

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Family Safety, how to stop a child from deleting himself as a family member 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Family Safety, how to stop a child from deleting himself as a family member

Family Safety reports being e-mailed to child

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue can be caused by sync issue with your computer and the Family Safety website. To troubleshoot this, please try to re-configure your child account by following these steps:

1. Remove the child via Family Safety website.

a. Sign in to
    https://familysafety.microsoft.com
    using the parent account.

b. Click on Manage the list of Family members.

c. Check the child account, then click Delete. Click again on
    Delete to confirm.

2. Follow the steps in this article to reconfigure Family Safety:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/family-account#1TC=t1

3. Ensure that you have selected the Manage settings in Family Safety website
    option on the Family Safety window on your Control panel.

Refer to the links below for additional information:

Set up family features on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-up-family-after-upgrade

Keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/family-account

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Family Safety, how to stop a child from deleting himself as a family member

1. Family Safety, how to stop a child from deleting himself as a family member - Similar Threads - Family Safety stop

2. Reconnecting to family safety with only member left a child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnecting to family safety with only member left a child: Hi, i have a problem. I installed MS Family safety on my daughters PC, however got tired of permissions and tried to cancel it. Somehow i cancelled my profile and she is the only left in the family group. I tried to reconnect, but instead i am somehow creating new group and...
  3. Reconnecting to family safety with only member left a child

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reconnecting to family safety with only member left a child: Hi, i have a problem. I installed MS Family safety on my daughters PC, however got tired of permissions and tried to cancel it. Somehow i cancelled my profile and she is the only left in the family group. I tried to reconnect, but instead i am somehow creating new group and...
  4. Reconnecting to family safety with only member left a child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. A child leaves family group himself

A child leaves family group himself: HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent...
  6. A child leaves family group himself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A child leaves family group himself: HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent...
  7. A child leaves family group himself

8. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group

Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group: Dear,I want to delete a family member because she's older now and/or leave the family group, but neither of these options seem to work:Although I'm the adult organiser, I can't delete "FLEUR" from the family group the GSM she used at that time is no longer in use:And ... I...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group: Dear,I want to delete a family member because she's older now and/or leave the family group, but neither of these options seem to work:Although I'm the adult organiser, I can't delete "FLEUR" from the family group the GSM she used at that time is no longer in use:And ... I...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group