Windows 10: Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

Discus and support Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used, in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello,I've recently set up family safety for my two sons on their own laptops Ive made myself the administrator on each laptop and they have their own... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Umm Marwan, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

Hello,I've recently set up family safety for my two sons on their own laptops Ive made myself the administrator on each laptop and they have their own account each, the most part it works ok, I am able to sit limits for the apps it has recognised but the first problem is that its not updating any new apps being downloaded so I cant set limits on them. Also it doesn't show me their screen time. It will say 0 mins used today although they would have been on it for hours that day.I have followed most of the suggestions on the Microsoft site, I've deleted and added them back, restarted their l

:)

Umm Marwan, Feb 23, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Feb 23, 2023
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Feb 23, 2023
  4. Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 23, 2023
Thema:

Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

1. Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used, - Similar Threads - Family Safety updating

2. Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app: I've put up limits on family safety years ago. Suddenly it stopped tracking. Now app is not locked after set limit and on app I can only see time used but doesn't show on what app....
  3. Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app: I've put up limits on family safety years ago. Suddenly it stopped tracking. Now app is not locked after set limit and on app I can only see time used but doesn't show on what app....
  4. Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,: Hello,I've recently set up family safety for my two sons on their own laptops Ive made myself the administrator on each laptop and they have their own account each, the most part it works ok, I am able to sit limits for the apps it has recognised but the first problem is that...
  6. Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,: Hello,I've recently set up family safety for my two sons on their own laptops Ive made myself the administrator on each laptop and they have their own account each, the most part it works ok, I am able to sit limits for the apps it has recognised but the first problem is that...
  7. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  8. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  9. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...