Windows 10: Family Safety Limits

Discus and support Family Safety Limits in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HiMy son has screen time set to two hours on his family safety - yet yesterday he managed to get 6h 31m! How is he managing to extend his time?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Phil19821972, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Family Safety Limits

HiMy son has screen time set to two hours on his family safety - yet yesterday he managed to get 6h 31m! How is he managing to extend his time?

:)

Phil19821972, Oct 3, 2021
  2. JHowe20 Win User

Family Safety limits are not working

My Family Safety time limits are not working for one of my children, the other child's limits work just fine. I have tried all of the suggestions I could find in the community; account is verified, all updates done, I have even tried deleting the account
    from the family and then adding it back(that worked for a couple days). How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks.

JHowe20, Oct 3, 2021
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Oct 3, 2021
  4. Family Safety Limits

Microsoft Family safety not working properly and not able to extened the time limit for child account usage on Windows 10.

Hi Maria,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Is the issue occurring with other child account or with a specific child's account?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about managing kids request in the Family Safety settings and check if it helps.

Refer to the section: Manage your kids' requests.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits

Please get back to us with an update on issue with managing Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

Family Safety Limits

1. Family Safety Limits - Similar Threads - Family Safety Limits

2. Why are the Family Safety screen limits not working?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why are the Family Safety screen limits not working?: I set up my son's laptop on Family Safety and set screen limits. At first this was working fine. However the screen limits I have set no longer seem to work. He can still use the laptop outside of the times and duration I have set. Oddly the app still shows that he has gone...
  3. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  4. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  5. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  6. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  7. Family Safety Beta is not obeying time limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Beta is not obeying time limits: Hi,So as part of the Family Safety Beta, have been finding recently that the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.Current version of the app1.16.0.771Usage from this afternoon - time limit is 1hr 30m, and I get a warning at 15, and...
  8. Family safety screen time limits not working

Family safety screen time limits not working: Hi CommunityI have a problem with Microsoft 365 screen time limits. Can anyone suggest a fix?My children are in my family group, and they are set up with limits across all devices. The limits work on the Xbox and a laptop computer, but on another desktop computer they have no...
  9. Family Safety Time Limit Emails

Family Safety Time Limit Emails: I would like to know if it’s possible to not be sent an email when my kids are requesting additional screen time? We have the app downloaded on our phones and we always approve or deny the request of the app. We don’t want our inbox being clogged with redundant emails. Is it...
  10. Family Safety limits are not working

Family Safety limits are not working: My Family Safety time limits are not working for one of my children, the other child's limits work just fine. I have tried all of the suggestions I could find in the community; account is verified, all updates done, I have even tried deleting the account from the family and...