Windows 10: Family Safety Monitor Running for no Reason?

Discus and support Family Safety Monitor Running for no Reason? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 build 18343, I found an unidentified icon in the task tray which I figured to be the Family Safety Monitor through Task... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IronCreeper, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Family Safety Monitor Running for no Reason?

After installing Windows 10 build 18343, I found an unidentified icon in the task tray which I figured to be the Family Safety Monitor through Task Manager. I have not set up a family, been apart of one or touched it at all. In my 'Devices' on the Microsoft website, it also displays all my devices with my profile picture at the bottom and the same icon side by side. I can end it in Task Manager but it launches every time I log in. Is there a way to stop it from launching on startup or disabling it altogether?

Any help would be appreciated

:)

IronCreeper, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety is blocking my browser!!!

Can you confirm if you are out of the Family Safety feature on your parent's account on this
    link? If you've confirmed that you're no longer on the list of monitored child accounts, we suggest deleting the Family Safety folder. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard.
    • On the address bar, type this address C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Restart and see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it went for you.

Ian Ser, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Family Safety Monitor Running for no Reason?

Adding phone to Family Safety

If you haven't used Family Safety before, you can skip this step. If you already use Family Safety, you'll see a screen where you need to match each Windows account to a name on the Family Safety members list.
    If a Windows account doesn't have a matching Family Safety name, click the option to add it.

You'll recognize the people listed on the Family Safety members list as the people in your family who already use Family Safety. When you match them to their Windows accounts, you're verifying for Family Safety that each person is matched to their own correct
    settings. For example, if your child's name is Ben, he might have a Windows account named Ben but be listed in the Family Safety members list as Ben Miller. By matching the accounts, you tell Family Safety that this is the same person.

If there's a Windows account on the computer for someone who hasn't used Family Safety before, you'll see them at the bottom of the list. When you click Add (person's name), Family Safety creates a new Family Safety
    membership for them with their Windows account name.

Family Safety Monitor Running for no Reason? [​IMG]

You can match your existing Family Safety settings to your Windows accounts...

Add passwords...

It's important that all of your Windows accounts have passwords. If you have an account without a password, your kids could log on to that account and bypass their Family Safety settings.

If the Windows accounts you're setting up to monitor don't have passwords, click Add passwords.

If you have guest accounts on your computer, you should turn them off because kids can also use them to bypass safety settings.

Verify your setup...

Click Next and you'll see the Windows accounts that Family Safety is now monitoring on the computer.

Family Safety Monitor Running for no Reason? [​IMG]

See the Windows accounts that are being monitored and what their settings are.

Jody.Brown, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Family Safety Monitor Running for no Reason?

1. Family Safety Monitor Running for no Reason? - Similar Threads - Family Safety Monitor

2. Family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  3. Run Microsoft Family safety in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Microsoft Family safety in task manager: I was looking through Task runner, and saw Microsoft family safety I have it on because of my parents I googled what it did and found it a little creepy, and In the spur of the moment, deleted it. But now when I want to request for more screen time I can’t because the window...
  4. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  5. Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  6. Issue with Family Safety Monitor

Issue with Family Safety Monitor: So pretty much, my dad set up Microsoft Family Safety Monitor on my pc. I started noticing that, whenever the computer gets locked, and then unlocked, this weird white square appears in the top left corner of the desktop. [ATTACH] You can move the square around, and it...
  7. Son has uninstalled family safety monitoring

Son has uninstalled family safety monitoring: Hi all, Help please! My son, wanting to get around family monitoring, has uninstalled the family monitoring software on hIs PC he is the administrator. We discoversd this and he is now banned until he reinstalls it. He’s having trouble doing this. Any idea?...
  8. Family Safety.

Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...
  9. Family safety monitor stopped working

Family safety monitor stopped working: We have several user accounts setup on each of our machines including some child accounts. We have noticed for the last 3 days that when logging into our child accounts that the little family safety icon that normally resides in the system tray in bottom right has been...
  10. Family safety monitor stopped working

Family safety monitor stopped working: Am assuming this is an MS Server side issue but tonight my two children logged into their accounts on the PC. They have child accounts. Absolutely no issues using the machine, browsing etc. I then logged back into my main acc after. As I was checking a few things I went into...