Windows 10: Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing

Discus and support Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just bought a computer for my son. With his old computer, it shows up on family safety as a connected device and under screen time, I can limit apps... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MeatyMermaid85, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing

I just bought a computer for my son. With his old computer, it shows up on family safety as a connected device and under screen time, I can limit apps by time, available time and days, which is great for limiting games to after homework and chores are done. However, with the new computer, I allowed my son to join as a child, standard user in the family. However, the computer is not showing family safety as a connected device, nor are apps and games showing in the screen time limits screen. It seems that I can only limit the total time and set a curfew on the computer as a whole. I tried t

:)

MeatyMermaid85, Jul 18, 2021
  2. jwmarrott Win User

Family Safety still shows deleted device

I removed a device that my kids used that was managed by Family Safety. Now for each child I have an error in Family Safety: "Update your family member's Windows 10 device to get family features to work."

I cannot Update as instructed. I cannot remove the device further than I have. The device is only listed in this error. Even logging into my children's accounts does not show the device listed, but it does show the error.

I have tried different browsers and computers to see if anything was cached. It has been over a week since it was deleted and about a month since the system was turned off. What's next?

jwmarrott, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Win7ine Win User
    Family Devices not showing in Microsoft Account

https://account.microsoft.com

Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing [​IMG]

Used to be able to see family devices, windows machines under Devices listed in the Microsoft Account Online in the Web Browser.

The permission for this is set for each Family member and still can be toggled under each Organiser.

Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing [​IMG]

Win7ine, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing

Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing

1. Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing - Similar Threads - Family Safety Computer

2. Removed Connected Device still shows as Connected Device in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed Connected Device still shows as Connected Device in Family Safety: I've searched high and low and there is literally no actual help from Microsoft and multiple people have asked and have the same issue.Issue: My son had a laptop and now a desktop. The desktop was added so he had 2 connected devices. The laptop was wiped and removed from his...
  3. Removed Connected Device still shows as Connected Device in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed Connected Device still shows as Connected Device in Family Safety: I've searched high and low and there is literally no actual help from Microsoft and multiple people have asked and have the same issue.Issue: My son had a laptop and now a desktop. The desktop was added so he had 2 connected devices. The laptop was wiped and removed from his...
  4. Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost: I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile. Moreover, in account.microsoft.com for my child we can see only one device as expected.In this screenshot we can see that...
  5. Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost: I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile. Moreover, in account.microsoft.com for my child we can see only one device as expected.In this screenshot we can see that...
  6. Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,: Hello,I've recently set up family safety for my two sons on their own laptops Ive made myself the administrator on each laptop and they have their own account each, the most part it works ok, I am able to sit limits for the apps it has recognised but the first problem is that...
  8. Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,: Hello,I've recently set up family safety for my two sons on their own laptops Ive made myself the administrator on each laptop and they have their own account each, the most part it works ok, I am able to sit limits for the apps it has recognised but the first problem is that...
  9. Microsoft family safety shows multiple roblox app...

Microsoft family safety shows multiple roblox app...: Hello. I have register Roblox Studio, Roblox app and roblox.com web site to set the limit of my son, however, always is appearing a new line in the app section of family safety apps. My son is restricted to install by security, however, continue appearing. When I'm checking...
  10. Family Safety still shows deleted device

Family Safety still shows deleted device: I removed a device that my kids used that was managed by Family Safety. Now for each child I have an error in Family Safety: "Update your family member's Windows 10 device to get family features to work." I cannot Update as instructed. I cannot remove the device further...