Windows 10: Family Safety no longer working

Discus and support Family Safety no longer working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CC L-M, Jan 19, 2023.

1. CC L-M Win User

Family Safety no longer working

My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept the request and it was stuck on the'ask for more time' screen. As my parent account was on standard and hers on administration it was tough to get her off that screen. I finally managed to get that screen off and swap my account to admin and hers to standard. However I can no loner control her device with family safety. I have removed her from the family group several times even removed her windows login and made a new one. It will no longer

:)

CC L-M, Jan 19, 2023
  2. Geethu B Win User

Family Safety no longer works

Hi Michal,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this issue,
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    I suggest you to refer the article and check if Family Safety features are set correctly or not.

Getting started with Microsoft Family Safety - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 19, 2023
  3. Family safety windows 10 no longer works

Hi Brian,

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    I suggest you to refer the article and check if Family Safety features are set correctly or not.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 19, 2023
  4. Family Safety no longer working

Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Family Safety no longer working 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

Family Safety no longer working

1. Family Safety no longer working - Similar Threads - Family Safety longer

2. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  3. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  4. Family Safety not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  5. Family Safety not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  6. Family Safety not working

7. Family Safety app no longer working with child's device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety app no longer working with child's device: My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept the request and it was stuck on the'ask for more time' screen. As my parent account was on standard and hers on...
  8. Family Safety app no longer working with child's device

Family Safety app no longer working with child's device: My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept the request and it was stuck on the'ask for more time' screen. As my parent account was on standard and hers on...
  9. Family Safety no longer working

Family Safety no longer working: My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept the request and it was stuck on the'ask for more time' screen. As my parent account was on standard and hers on...
  10. Family Safety not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety not working: When my son logs in Windows he is given two options : use pin code use Microsoft password When he uses the pin code however the family safety is not working. Any suggestions?...