Windows 10: Family safety not synchronizing account type and computer name. Device usage not reported.

Discus and support Family safety not synchronizing account type and computer name. Device usage not reported. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I am recommended to use the app. My kid asks for more screentime, i give her screentime with the app, app reports that screen time has been... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GenuineFlollie, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Family safety not synchronizing account type and computer name. Device usage not reported.

So I am recommended to use the app. My kid asks for more screentime, i give her screentime with the app, app reports that screen time has been given.Nothing happens, no screen time extensions, no error. Just this message that more screen time has been granted.Now i check the website version altough I am always recommended to use the app. There is a warning that my kid operates under an administrator account. So we fix this and restart the device. My kid now has a regular account on the Windows 10 laptop, but it has been 8 hours later and still nothing happens. Also the computer name is not syn

:)

GenuineFlollie, Aug 1, 2021

2. Family Safety Report Shows Unrecognized Computer

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you are facing issues with the Family safety account. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

Is the report which you have received for the Microsoft account, listed under that particular account?

To check this I suggest you to login to account.microsfot.com/family.

I also suggest you to refer the link on Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions and check if it helps.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes in Windows 10.

Hi Joanne,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety account.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you tried to log out or restart from the child's computer and logging in to the computer?
    • Are you able to see the child account in the Family Safety settings after removing it?

I suggest you to refer to the steps below to remove the child account from the family safety account and also turn on
    Activity reporting.

Remove members or leave your family group

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit managing child account in Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Family safety not synchronizing account type and computer name. Device usage not reported.

Family Safety weekly report being CC'd to my children

Hi,

As the information of Family Safety Report are going to children by default, we would like you to do a refresh on the child account and see if the issue persists.

To remove/re-add a child account, please follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to Family Safety using the parent account.

2. Click Manage list of Family Members.

3. Select the child account, and then click Remove. Click Remove to confirm.

Please refer the below link on removal or turn off the family features:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-features-remove-uninstall-faq

After troubleshooting, we would suggest you to add the children account. The reports will not be CC to children.

The below link will help you to add your children's account:

See your child's device and app use with activity reports

For more information on Family Safety Account on Windows 10, please refer to the below link:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

If the issue still persist, we would suggest to write back to us with the results for the above steps provided, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Family safety not synchronizing account type and computer name. Device usage not reported.

1. Family safety not synchronizing account type and computer name. Device usage not reported. - Similar Threads - Family safety synchronizing

2. Family safety screen time report and adding windows device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety screen time report and adding windows device: HiPlease help me fix screen time report for missing window devices.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time-report-and-adding/4df0a5b0-600a-46e4-a045-1d3f6bf869c8
  3. Family safety screen time report and adding windows device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety screen time report and adding windows device: HiPlease help me fix screen time report for missing window devices.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time-report-and-adding/4df0a5b0-600a-46e4-a045-1d3f6bf869c8
  4. Family Safety device not visible

Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  5. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: In my account settings both display and preferred languages are English. I receive the messages from Microsoft Family Safety in a language I do not know.How to fix it?Please help...
  6. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: In my account settings both display and preferred languages are English. I receive the messages from Microsoft Family Safety in a language I do not know.How to fix it?Please help...
  7. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  9. Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety: Hi there, I have family safety installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10e assigned to a Microsoft account, which is also signed in on a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are using Edge as their browser. The laptop is reporting the activity fine, but the Galaxy device is not reporting...
  10. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: Hi I am getting Family Safety reports in Arabic and I don't have Arabic set as the language in any of my preferences. I have checked for all possible places where a Language option is there and everywhere I only have English. I receive the weekly notifications in Arabic...