Windows 10: Family Safety not Working for all accounts

Discus and support Family Safety not Working for all accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have set the Family Safety Settings for both my child accounts with time limits as well what apps they can use during the allowed time. Once One... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HydTiger, Feb 14, 2021.

1. HydTiger Win User

Family Safety not Working for all accounts

I have set the Family Safety Settings for both my child accounts with time limits as well what apps they can use during the allowed time. Once One Child logs in the other time limits are also consumed, I saw now user specific services are running while this is happening.

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎9/‎12/‎2020

OS build 19042.804

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

How do I resolve this issue?

:)

HydTiger, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Family Safety not working on my son's account

Hello,

Apologize for the delay in response.

If you had previously set up family features for a child account and then upgraded to Windows 10 , there are a few steps you need to take to turn on family settings again.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestions provided by Smittychat replied on January 4, 2016 and check if it helps.

Family Safety not working with Windows 10

Family Safety not working with Windows 10

if still this issue persists, try to run the Family safety troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Family Safety Troubleshooter:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9836307

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Arul_D, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Family Safety not Working for all accounts - Similar Threads - Family Safety Working

2. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is Family Safety app working at all?? .: Is Family Safety app working at all?? If there was a glitch like the MS support responded to another user, how can it happen one way?? My wife cam see me on the app on her phone, but I can't .....
  3. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Family Safety app working at all?? .: Is Family Safety app working at all?? If there was a glitch like the MS support responded to another user, how can it happen one way?? My wife cam see me on the app on her phone, but I can't .....
  4. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  6. Family Safety not working

Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  7. Family Safety not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  8. Family Safety not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All: I followed the steps shown in your guide but doesn’t work accordingly. Example shown in imgae below where i only want to allow the two websites shown to be accessible. However, once enable, all websites are blocked including the two listed site.[IMG][IMG]...
  10. Family Safety - not working at all

Family Safety - not working at all: Hello I have noticed that Family Safety no longer works reliably on Windows 10. Every time I set it up it works for up to a couple of days. It then stops. One laptop shows limits off, the other's schedule reverts to 12hr limit, every day of the week. 2 hours limit...