Windows 10: family safety not working on office pc

Discus and support family safety not working on office pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just to avoid the usual pointless canned Reponses, let me first point out I have been using Microsoft family safety for over 10 years for all 4 of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Snake Hollywood, May 12, 2022.

1. family safety not working on office pc

Just to avoid the usual pointless canned Reponses, let me first point out I have been using Microsoft family safety for over 10 years for all 4 of my kids. So I am well aware it has always been flaky and has always had issues where some part of it will just randomly stop working or the notifications stop.I have had to contact Microsoft support more times than I can ever remember about issues with it not working over the years, and during that time they have insisted I remove every single member of my family from account and re-added them dozens of times, which is their default response, and wh

:)

Snake Hollywood, May 12, 2022
  2. RenaldasP Win User

Family Safety doesn't work on power saver

I tried everything you suggested, but nothing worked. I think the problem is that power saver restricts running Family Safety and other apps from running in the background. I can manually enable an app in the Settings, but there's no such app like Family
    Safety in the list.

RenaldasP, May 12, 2022
  3. Family Safety seen not to be working

Hi Roi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Which Windows 10 build is installed on your computer?

I would suggest you to remove the child account from the family safety website and then add it again. Follow the below steps:

• Login to the
      www.familysafety.microsoft.com
    • Remove the Child account.
    • Now from the Parent computer, open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Family and other users.
    • Click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter the Email address of the Child account which was removed.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Now a verification email address will be send to the Child’s Email address.
    • Then login to the family safety website and then you can put the restrictions for the Child.
    Hope this helps. Post back with the results so that we can assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, May 12, 2022
  4. family safety not working on office pc

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 12, 2022
Thema:

family safety not working on office pc

1. family safety not working on office pc - Similar Threads - family safety working

2. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  3. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  4. Family Safety not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  5. Family Safety not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  6. Family Safety not working

7. Family Safety App not working

Family Safety App not working: I use Family Safety App to manage my sons xbox and Microsoft Laptop. I use the app on my Iphone 13 running IOS 16. For the past month, the app has been doing two things:1. suddenly closing on me when attempting to approve a request2. not registering the approval on my sons...
  8. family safety not working on office pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family safety not working on office pc: Just to avoid the usual pointless canned Reponses, let me first point out I have been using Microsoft family safety for over 10 years for all 4 of my kids. So I am well aware it has always been flaky and has always had issues where some part of it will just randomly stop...
  9. family safety not working on office pc

family safety not working on office pc: Just to avoid the usual pointless canned Reponses, let me first point out I have been using Microsoft family safety for over 10 years for all 4 of my kids. So I am well aware it has always been flaky and has always had issues where some part of it will just randomly stop...
  10. Family Safety not working

Family Safety not working: When my son logs in Windows he is given two options : use pin code use Microsoft password When he uses the pin code however the family safety is not working. Any suggestions?...