Windows 10: Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps

Discus and support Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Family Safety installed on my daughters Android phone. When she opens some apps, namely Calm and Libby, Family Safety automatically kicks her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quaywe, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Quaywe Win User

Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps

I have Family Safety installed on my daughters Android phone. When she opens some apps, namely Calm and Libby, Family Safety automatically kicks her out of her phone and brings her back to the Lock Screen. This only happens with these two apps that I can tell and I don't have any settings in place that would block these apps. In fact, the only app restrictions in place are setting the age limit to 13yrs or under, which wouldn't shouldn't impact this as both apps are rated Age 3+. Also note, I'm using Microsoft Launcher with this, however this still happens when I flip to another Launch

:)

Quaywe, Oct 18, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Oct 19, 2021
  3. estish14 Win User
    Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Hi there, I have family safety installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10e assigned to a Microsoft account, which is also signed in on a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are using Edge as their browser. The laptop is reporting the activity fine, but the Galaxy device
    is not reporting any activity at all. I have confirmed the 'Report activity' button is enabled in the Family Safety app, as well as giving the app the appropriate permissions. I also installed Microsoft Launcher on the device, but am still not seeing a record
    of activity. What am I missing?

estish14, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps

Microsoft Family Safety app now available on iOS and Android

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...-matters-most/

Tenforo, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps - Similar Threads - Family Safety Android

2. Family safety app notifications Android not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety app notifications Android not working: My app just quite sending me notifications yesterday. When I go into my phone settings to turn on notifications, the toggle button is grayed out and I can't turn it on. I tried reinstalling the app but that didn't change anything....
  3. Family safety app notifications Android not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety app notifications Android not working: My app just quite sending me notifications yesterday. When I go into my phone settings to turn on notifications, the toggle button is grayed out and I can't turn it on. I tried reinstalling the app but that didn't change anything....
  4. Microsft Family Safety parents permit needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsft Family Safety parents permit needed: Hello,I've encountered problem with Microsoft Family Safety, month back my dad bought new laptop with Windows 11 and logged into his account, immediately we discovered that by mistake he set his birthday in that way that he was under 18, so Windows required a parents permit...
  5. Microsft Family Safety parents permit needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsft Family Safety parents permit needed: Hello,I've encountered problem with Microsoft Family Safety, month back my dad bought new laptop with Windows 11 and logged into his account, immediately we discovered that by mistake he set his birthday in that way that he was under 18, so Windows required a parents permit...
  6. Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps: I have Family Safety installed on my daughters Android phone. When she opens some apps, namely Calm and Libby, Family Safety automatically kicks her out of her phone and brings her back to the Lock Screen. This only happens with these two apps that I can tell and I don't have...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  8. Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety: Hi there, I have family safety installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10e assigned to a Microsoft account, which is also signed in on a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are using Edge as their browser. The laptop is reporting the activity fine, but the Galaxy device is not reporting...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety app on iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Family Safety app on iOS and Android: Today, we are excited to announce that the Microsoft Family Safety app, designed to help you protect your family’s digital and physical safety, is starting to rollout today on iOS and Android. Over the past few months, I have been using the preview with my...
  10. Notifications from family safety to my Android phone

Notifications from family safety to my Android phone: Hi, I've set up Microsoft Family for my kids who use Windows 10 devices, and set up content restrictions and screen time. Now, I want to receive notifications on my Android phone or by e-mail when they ask for permission or for additional time. How can I do it? I am getting...