Windows 10: Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working

Discus and support Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For few months I had no issues on my daughters Windows 11 device with the screen time control. Out of the blue it stopped working. I have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IvanVojta, May 24, 2022.

1. IvanVojta Win User

Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working

For few months I had no issues on my daughters Windows 11 device with the screen time control. Out of the blue it stopped working. I have checked several things from rebooting, verifying account, updating... buth nothing made it work again.I have also deleted the folders in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls to test the definitions being pushed to the device. Upon logon hte definitions has been created again. If I update the definition of screen on my mobile, the new definition file is uploaded. However the control it self does not work.Any suggestions?

:)

IvanVojta, May 24, 2022

2. Family safety monitor stopped working !

Hi,

To isolate the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you make any changes on your network recently?

You can also refer to the article below for further assistance:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, May 24, 2022
  3. x.baum Win User
    family safety token auth has stopped working

I keep getting a notification that "family safety token auth has stopped working." This happens on child's laptop with family safety restrictions. I have tried deleting and restoring the account, and deleting the files in program data/Microsoft/Windows/Parental
    Controls folder, but none of this helps. Does anyone have a suggestion?

x.baum, May 24, 2022
  4. Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working

Windows 10 family safety not working at all

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

Hope this helps. Do let you if your issue is resolved. For another query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working

1. Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working - Similar Threads - Family Safety stopped

2. Family safety stopped working Again!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety stopped working Again!!!: Yet again, family safety has stopped working. It is showing zero activity on my son's computer, even though he is using it. Screen time is no longer working, my settings are being ignored and he has d unlimited time. This had been a recurring issue ever since family safety...
  3. Family safety stopped working Again!!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety stopped working Again!!!: Yet again, family safety has stopped working. It is showing zero activity on my son's computer, even though he is using it. Screen time is no longer working, my settings are being ignored and he has d unlimited time. This had been a recurring issue ever since family safety...
  4. Family Safety not working with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not working with Windows 11: We have Windows 11. We are not able to add my son’s new computer to our Family Safety profile. The instructions only offer guidance for Windows 10. We cannot downgrade to Windows 10 as we just bought the computer and it came with W11. We have removed and then added my son to...
  5. Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working: For few months I had no issues on my daughters Windows 11 device with the screen time control. Out of the blue it stopped working. I have checked several things from rebooting, verifying account, updating... buth nothing made it work again.I have also deleted the folders in...
  6. Family Safety has stopped working

Family Safety has stopped working: I've had my child on a MS child account for a year, using windows 10, and have been able to effectively use this to block their laptop & limit time. This week possibly following an update? it's stopped working. I can block some apps but only intermittently and I can't block...
  7. Family safety notifications stopped working

Family safety notifications stopped working: I am not receiving any family safety notifications. So when my kids request more time, I do not receive the request or any notifications about activity, nothing. I do not receive them on my PC or my phone which is running Microsoft launcher, or via email. It was working...
  8. Family safety monitor stopped working

Family safety monitor stopped working: We have several user accounts setup on each of our machines including some child accounts. We have noticed for the last 3 days that when logging into our child accounts that the little family safety icon that normally resides in the system tray in bottom right has been...
  9. Family safety monitor stopped working

Family safety monitor stopped working: Am assuming this is an MS Server side issue but tonight my two children logged into their accounts on the PC. They have child accounts. Absolutely no issues using the machine, browsing etc. I then logged back into my main acc after. As I was checking a few things I went into...
  10. Family Safety continually stops working

Family Safety continually stops working: Every month or so, Family Safety will lose its connection with the service, in a manner of speaking. The computer reports no problems: it claims everything is being monitored like normal and all accounts are linked. The Family Safety website shows all restrictions, but no...