Windows 10: Family Safety Permissions and Notifications

Discus and support Family Safety Permissions and Notifications in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When my daughter is on the surface and goes to a site and asks for permission i get the notification fine. When i accept it on the app i get an error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GaryPretzfeld, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Family Safety Permissions and Notifications

When my daughter is on the surface and goes to a site and asks for permission i get the notification fine. When i accept it on the app i get an error although it does ok the site. 2 questions..

whats with the error?

how come my daughter doesnt get a notification i have approved it? The only way to is to try the site again and reload page doesnt work. We have to retype the website.

thanks

:)

GaryPretzfeld, Sep 13, 2020

2. Family safety 'ask for permission' error

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• To isolate the issue, does this happen on other browsers as well?
    • Have you tried to clear the cache of the browser you're trying to use?
    • To confirm, kindly tell us how exactly have you turned off Family Safety?

We would suggest checking the other setting pages from the main family page to turn off family settings to possibly resolve this issue. kindly refer to this link

Turn off family settings in WIndows 10
    for the steps that you can follow to disable family settings.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Family Safety Permissions and Notifications

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Family Safety Permissions and Notifications

1. Family Safety Permissions and Notifications - Similar Threads - Family Safety Permissions

2. Family safety app notifications Android not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety app notifications Android not working: My app just quite sending me notifications yesterday. When I go into my phone settings to turn on notifications, the toggle button is grayed out and I can't turn it on. I tried reinstalling the app but that didn't change anything....
  3. Family safety app notifications Android not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety app notifications Android not working: My app just quite sending me notifications yesterday. When I go into my phone settings to turn on notifications, the toggle button is grayed out and I can't turn it on. I tried reinstalling the app but that didn't change anything....
  4. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn off screen time notifications of family safety: What we want is simple please help. İ have seen same issues asked 3 years ago but still no staff trying to help. My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays.In the final hour of his allotted...
  5. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

Turn off screen time notifications of family safety: What we want is simple please help. İ have seen same issues asked 3 years ago but still no staff trying to help. My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays.In the final hour of his allotted...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

9. Family safety notifications stopped working

Family safety notifications stopped working: I am not receiving any family safety notifications. So when my kids request more time, I do not receive the request or any notifications about activity, nothing. I do not receive them on my PC or my phone which is running Microsoft launcher, or via email. It was working...
  10. Win10 Family safety: Notifications

Win10 Family safety: Notifications: Hi, I have set up a child account with limits on time used on. So far so good, but can there be any kind of indication of time left? IE a counter, a report by mail every ½ hour used or similar? In case not, can anyone recommend another piece of software, with indication...