Windows 10: Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

Discus and support Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by InfiniteVariations, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing this is something that was set for my son. Anyway, this is very annoying. With this bug,I can't even do my work. Also, my user on my desktop is not connected to the family safety in any way. I am using Windows 11 22H2 Build 22622.440. Thank you.

:)

InfiniteVariations, Aug 1, 2022

2. Family Safety issues

Hi,

Microsoft family features (includes family safety features formerly known as
    Microsoft Family Safety), is a free set of features available on Windows 10 PC and Mobile that is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system.
    Please ensure that the parent email account is set as an administrator on the child's laptop. Once done, you may follow the steps below to properly manage the settings on the Family Safety website:

• On the Start screen, type Family Safety.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click the Family Safety icon.
    • On the bottom part of the window, click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. Your default browser will direct you to the Family Safety website.
    • Sign in using the parent account.

For your reference, you may also check this article regarding Family Safety:
    Frequently Asked Questions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 1, 2022
  3. Adding phone to Family Safety

If you haven't used Family Safety before, you can skip this step. If you already use Family Safety, you'll see a screen where you need to match each Windows account to a name on the Family Safety members list.
    If a Windows account doesn't have a matching Family Safety name, click the option to add it.

You'll recognize the people listed on the Family Safety members list as the people in your family who already use Family Safety. When you match them to their Windows accounts, you're verifying for Family Safety that each person is matched to their own correct
    settings. For example, if your child's name is Ben, he might have a Windows account named Ben but be listed in the Family Safety members list as Ben Miller. By matching the accounts, you tell Family Safety that this is the same person.

If there's a Windows account on the computer for someone who hasn't used Family Safety before, you'll see them at the bottom of the list. When you click Add (person's name), Family Safety creates a new Family Safety
    membership for them with their Windows account name.

Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account [​IMG]

You can match your existing Family Safety settings to your Windows accounts...

Add passwords...

It's important that all of your Windows accounts have passwords. If you have an account without a password, your kids could log on to that account and bypass their Family Safety settings.

If the Windows accounts you're setting up to monitor don't have passwords, click Add passwords.

If you have guest accounts on your computer, you should turn them off because kids can also use them to bypass safety settings.

Verify your setup...

Click Next and you'll see the Windows accounts that Family Safety is now monitoring on the computer.

Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account [​IMG]

See the Windows accounts that are being monitored and what their settings are.

Jody.Brown, Aug 1, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

1. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account - Similar Threads - Family Safety Pop

2. Family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety: I’m convinced there is a second family safety account for my son blocking games we left the platform for the one I can see. Is there a way to dig deeper and see if there is another account associated with his email i...
  3. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  4. Family safety

Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  5. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  6. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account: Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing this is something that was set for my son. Anyway, this is very annoying. With this bug,I can't even do my work. Also, my...
  7. Family Safety

Family Safety: Surface GoFamily Safety→→,web→ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family/71ccf75b-e739-408b-b742-95fc5b895729
  8. Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  9. Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  10. Family Safety.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...