Windows 10: Family Safety prevnting connection to public WiFi hotspots

Discus and support Family Safety prevnting connection to public WiFi hotspots in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We use family safety, and my son cannot connect to any public hotspots that require a browser-based logon or policy acceptance. I do want to allow him... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JerrytheGreat, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Family Safety prevnting connection to public WiFi hotspots

We use family safety, and my son cannot connect to any public hotspots that require a browser-based logon or policy acceptance.

I do want to allow him to connect to hotspots.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

:)

JerrytheGreat, Aug 12, 2018

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Family Safety prevnting connection to public WiFi hotspots [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Aug 12, 2018
  4. ASMACK Win User

Family Safety prevnting connection to public WiFi hotspots

WiFi hotspots won't connect on Win 8 phone

My new, fully updated BLU Jr LTE connects to my home WiFi but will not connect to any publis WiFi hotspots that I have tried.

It sees a strong signal, occasionally tells me the cert is invalid ( I select "Continue to this site") but will not make a connection.

This has happened with a McDonalds hotspot, a public library hotspot and a public hospital visitor hotspot.

I have tried WiFi Sense on and off and opened the browser to see if I was prompted for credential all to no avail.

Any suggestions?

ASMACK, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Family Safety prevnting connection to public WiFi hotspots

1. Family Safety prevnting connection to public WiFi hotspots - Similar Threads - Family Safety prevnting

2. Family Safety and Bluetooth connection

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety and Bluetooth connection: I can set limits for my child's device but her Bluetooth headset connection stays active and she can continue to listen to music through YouTube 24/7. Am I missing a setting or is this a loophole? Thanks in advance...
  3. Family Safety and Bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety and Bluetooth connection: I can set limits for my child's device but her Bluetooth headset connection stays active and she can continue to listen to music through YouTube 24/7. Am I missing a setting or is this a loophole? Thanks in advance...
  4. Connect Device to Family Safety

Connect Device to Family Safety: A child account is connected to the Microsoft Account. And yet, it can't be connected to the Family Safety Account at all. So, the Parental Control settings can't be implemented....
  5. Connect Device to Family Safety

Connect Device to Family Safety: A child account is connected to the Microsoft Account. And yet, it can't be connected to the Family Safety Account at all. So, the Parental Control settings can't be implemented....
  6. Connect Device in Family Safety

Connect Device in Family Safety: I have created all user profiles, logged in with the respective Microsoft and local accounts for each child's account. But when I log into my family safety app it does not register that the devices are connected to the individual profiles so I cannot program any of the...
  7. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  8. Public wifi connection

Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  9. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Connecting to Public WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family safety child account public wifi

2. microsoft family safety child account not connecting to public wifi

3. microsoft family and public wifi

4. microsoft family safety starbucks wifi