Windows 10: Family Safety Problem

Discus and support Family Safety Problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, my computer originally had 2 accounts, one was a guest account which I never used, and the other is my main account. My main account originally had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Disisnoone, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Family Safety Problem

So, my computer originally had 2 accounts, one was a guest account which I never used, and the other is my main account. My main account originally had no Microsoft Account. I had accidentally logged in into my Microsoft Account and ended up logging in to the account with family safety. It prevented me to go into websites like Reddit (I'm currently using a mobile). It also prevented me to use Google Chrome, my default browser. Now I will have to use Microsoft Edge. Which I don't like. Can someone please help me log out of my Microsoft Account but retain my original Windows account. Or at least someone help me remove the Family Safety thing without having to use the email that was used to make it. I'm currently using Windows 10 and an administrator account please help me...

submitted by /u/Disisnoone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Disisnoone, Feb 18, 2021

2. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 18, 2021
  3. RenaldasP Win User
    Family Safety doesn't work on power saver

I tried everything you suggested, but nothing worked. I think the problem is that power saver restricts running Family Safety and other apps from running in the background. I can manually enable an app in the Settings, but there's no such app like Family
    Safety in the list.

RenaldasP, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Family Safety Problem

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Family Safety Problem

1. Family Safety Problem - Similar Threads - Family Safety Problem

2. Family Safety Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Problem: So there's a problem with Family Safety and my child's account.So on the child's computer his account has administrator on and I can't get it off. Now this wasn't that much of a problem until...He accidentally unlinked his account from the PC but on his Microsoft account site...
  3. Family Safety Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Problem: So there's a problem with Family Safety and my child's account.So on the child's computer his account has administrator on and I can't get it off. Now this wasn't that much of a problem until...He accidentally unlinked his account from the PC but on his Microsoft account site...
  4. Problem with family safety

Problem with family safety: I'm having issues with my Microsoft accounts. My second one was added as a child account without my consent, and removing it didn't help. I invited my 2nd account to be a parent, but the acceptance process keeps restarting, even after five attempts.this is what I see from my...
  5. Problem with family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with family safety: I'm having issues with my Microsoft accounts. My second one was added as a child account without my consent, and removing it didn't help. I invited my 2nd account to be a parent, but the acceptance process keeps restarting, even after five attempts.this is what I see from my...
  6. problem with family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with family safety: Good morning, My daughter accidentally get out of my family safety account. When I try to add her again its telling me that she is already in one family... So in my account she is not in my family but I can't add her, in her account she is still in my family but she can't get...
  7. problem with family safety

problem with family safety: Good morning, My daughter accidentally get out of my family safety account. When I try to add her again its telling me that she is already in one family... So in my account she is not in my family but I can't add her, in her account she is still in my family but she can't get...
  8. problem with family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Microsoft Family Safety problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety problem: I've been using Microsoft Family Safety now for over a year to control my kids access to their laptops. Today, when my daughter tried to send a request for access she got a response saying "Something went wrong. We're unable to send your request. Are you connected to the...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety problem

Microsoft Family Safety problem: I've been using Microsoft Family Safety now for over a year to control my kids access to their laptops. Today, when my daughter tried to send a request for access she got a response saying "Something went wrong. We're unable to send your request. Are you connected to the...