Windows 10: Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working

Discus and support Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two features that are not working for children profiles setup under my account... 1. Activity Tracking is not reporting any application or web... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RyanHiggins3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working

I have two features that are not working for children profiles setup under my account...

1. Activity Tracking is not reporting any application or web activity.

2. Screen Time is incorrectly blocking the ability to sign-in to Windows 10 regardless of the time of day.

Both of these issues occur across two different Windows 10 PC's both running version 2004 and with two separate children's accounts.

I have confirmed that all Privacy and Activity Tracking settings are setup correctly on each computer and under each account.

I have tried disabling and reenabling Screen Time and Activity Tracking. I have also tried modifying the times for Screen Time.

I have tried to remove and re-add the account completely from both PC's and from being a member of the Family.

I have confirmed the accounts are verified on the PC's and show no errors.

Please advise as to why these issues are occurring and what else I can try to do to fix them. Thanks.

:)

RyanHiggins3, Nov 11, 2020

2. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working

1. Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working - Similar Threads - Family Safety Problems

2. Family Safety location tracking not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety location tracking not working: Hello. I have two children with Android phones Samsung S21's. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making...
  3. Family Safety location tracking not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety location tracking not working: Hello. I have two children with Android phones Samsung S21's. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making...
  4. Family Safety location tracking not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family safety GPS tracking not working

Family safety GPS tracking not working: I have my daughter setup as a family member in Microsoft Family Safety. She is set at age profile of 17+, with no activity limits, activity reporting and location sharing switched on. For quite some time she is showing up on all the other family members MS family safety app...
  6. Family safety GPS tracking not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety GPS tracking not working: I have my daughter setup as a family member in Microsoft Family Safety. She is set at age profile of 17+, with no activity limits, activity reporting and location sharing switched on. For quite some time she is showing up on all the other family members MS family safety app...
  7. Family safety GPS tracking not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  9. Family safety screen time limits not working

Family safety screen time limits not working: Hi CommunityI have a problem with Microsoft 365 screen time limits. Can anyone suggest a fix?My children are in my family group, and they are set up with limits across all devices. The limits work on the Xbox and a laptop computer, but on another desktop computer they have no...
  10. Family safety time tracking issues

Family safety time tracking issues: Hello, i have Microsoft family safety setup, for 2 of my kids, one seems to work fine. the other sometimes it doesn't limit like i have set, but most of the time it says they are out of time and i know for sure they have not been on. I thought maybe they were leaving it...