Windows 10: Family Safety Screen Limits and Activity not working; 0 time yesterday, more time than...

Discus and support Family Safety Screen Limits and Activity not working; 0 time yesterday, more time than... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, My child contacted me a few minutes ago (9:43AM). He attempted to log on to his Windows 10 PC. It stated his time was up. I went to my account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by John L 2357, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Family Safety Screen Limits and Activity not working; 0 time yesterday, more time than...

Hi,

My child contacted me a few minutes ago (9:43AM). He attempted to log on to his Windows 10 PC. It stated his time was up. I went to my account and the activity tab indicates he spent 0 minutes yesterday and 5 hours 6 minutes today. This is not correct. I know he logged in yesterday, I saw him logged onto the PC, playing a game. I also know he hasn't been on the PC for five hours today, because I was at the house this morning and he was not on the PC. Additionally, his daily time limit in the summer is 4 hours. So how can he have used the PC for 5 hours 6 minutes? See the attached screenshots of his activity.

Windows will not let him log on at all, I am at work. He has already rebooted the PC at least once. Please help to fix this. Thank you.

John

:)

John L 2357, Jun 4, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Family Safety time limits stopped working all of a sudden

Have had Family Safety features all set up and working for a while until a couple days ago.

All of a sudden, time limits stopped working on my son's Microsoft account. He logs in with a PIN, the icon in the upper right corner of the screen that usually indicates when his time is up, does so in full accordance with the settings. And yet, as soon
    as the time limit is up, he just goes on, and the family safety icon shows that his time limit will be up at 0:00 next day!

I have re-checked his account settings (making sure I don't have no time settings incorrect, nor have to re-verify his account), executed the Family Safety Refresh in the Task Scheduler, but to no avail.

Before that I had an issue with Windows Defender updates failure, which I have fixed, but I doubt it would have any relation to the family safety feature.

Any suggestions?

Pavel Usikov, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Family Safety Screen Limits and Activity not working; 0 time yesterday, more time than...

Windows 10 Family Safety: Time limits and screen locking

I recently set up my son's computer with family safety, and I have him limited to 3 hours of total screen time per weekday. I have told him that when he gets up to go outside, eat, or whatever to lock his computer - but it appears that the time he's away is counting toward his total time as well, which defeats the purpose of screen locking IMO. I've scoured Microsoft and the forums to see if screen lock time counts toward computer time in the family safety feature, but have found absolutely nothing. Does anyone out there know for sure, and if so can you post references?
    Thanks.

Rodger Cooley, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Family Safety Screen Limits and Activity not working; 0 time yesterday, more time than...

1. Family Safety Screen Limits and Activity not working; 0 time yesterday, more time than... - Similar Threads - Family Safety Screen

2. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  3. Screen Time Limits not working!

Screen Time Limits not working!: Screen time limits for my children will not respond to any changes made. When they check their devices, it tells them that normal screen time will resume at 6:00am. Their limits are between the hours of 7:00am-10:00pm, and the time is always Blocked until they earn their...
  4. family screen time not working

family screen time not working: hi, my windows 10 has family screen time on but my mom accidentally removed me from the family and im an administrator on my pc. when the family screen time pops up, when i press send a request it tells me something went wrong and when i press my parent is here, it tells me...
  5. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"
  6. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....
  7. Family Safety Screen Time feature occasionally runs out screen time earlier than should be...

Family Safety Screen Time feature occasionally runs out screen time earlier than should be...: My son and I agreed 6 hours of PC/game time per day is plenty, and so I set screen time allowed to 6 hours, with the allowed time range being 5:30am to 9:30pm. We use the "One schedule for all devices" option because we have 1 shared PC, he has a laptop, and we have an Xbox...
  8. Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working: Hi, I have activated Microsoft Family features in order to supervise screen times of my kids. There are three possible devices my kids can use: A desktop PC (Win10), a Laptop PC (Win10) and an Android smartphone with MS Launcher. Kid got its own Microsoft account and connects...
  9. Family screen time

Family screen time: Hello I have recently got a desk to for my child and applied a set screen time. He has told me he can't use his computer at all even after removing the screen time. I can not get into the computer to add myself or even reboot the computer. I am shut out....
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...