Windows 10: Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining?

Discus and support Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have set the kids up with PC's and am using Family Safety for their screen time. They are not able to see what time screen time they have remaining... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by John.1001, Apr 22, 2023.

1. John.1001 Win User

Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining?

I have set the kids up with PC's and am using Family Safety for their screen time. They are not able to see what time screen time they have remaining which they are finding frustrating. On their Xbox they can see what they have remaining. Is there any way they can view this on PC?

:)

John.1001, Apr 22, 2023

2. Family Safety is not updating new downloaded apps or showing screen time used,

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

It sounds like you have already tried several troubleshooting steps, but here are a few additional suggestions that may help:

Ensure that Family Safety is up-to-date: Make sure that the Family Safety feature is updated to the latest version. You can check for updates in the Microsoft Store.

Check the Family Safety settings: Make sure that the Family Safety settings are configured correctly. You can access the Family Safety settings by going to Settings > Accounts > Family & other users.

Use the Microsoft Edge browser: Encourage your children to use the Microsoft Edge browser instead of other browsers. The Family Safety feature may not work as well with other browsers.

Check the activity report: The activity report can provide more detailed information about your children's screen time and app usage. You can access the activity report by going to account.microsoft.com/family and signing in with your Microsoft account.

Allow time for updates: It can take some time for Family Safety to update with new app information and screen time data. Make sure to wait at least 24 hours after downloading a new app or using the computer before checking the data in Family Safety.

I hope these suggestions are helpful in resolving your issue. Good luck!

Nicole Aljecera, Apr 22, 2023
  3. Family Safety Screen Time

I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the computer. I have set 2 hour daily timers for the children but they are able to use the computer beyond that 2 hour period. Is anyone else running into this problem and/ or has any figured out how to fix this bug.

Rickbutler04864, Apr 22, 2023
  4. Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining?

Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Apr 22, 2023
Thema:

Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining?

1. Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining? - Similar Threads - Family Safety screen

2. Family Safety not recording screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not recording screen time: Family safety is not recording any screen time on my sons lap top at all, however it does appear to be connected to my son's device as it does pick up his web searchesMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am administrator on his account and he is a regular userWhen I log on as him...
  3. Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining?: I have set the kids up with PC's and am using Family Safety for their screen time. They are not able to see what time screen time they have remaining which they are finding frustrating. On their Xbox they can see what they have remaining. Is there any way they can view this...
  4. Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety screen time on PC - can children view what time is remaining?: I have set the kids up with PC's and am using Family Safety for their screen time. They are not able to see what time screen time they have remaining which they are finding frustrating. On their Xbox they can see what they have remaining. Is there any way they can view this...
  5. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  6. Family Safety Screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  7. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Family Safety screen time issue

Family Safety screen time issue: I set up a Family Safety group to limit my kids' screen time. The screen limits work, but when they request more time, the request email wasn't coming to my email. I could only see it when logging in to the Family Safety app. I couldn't figure out why. Then I got a call from...
  9. Is there a way to view remaining screen time?

Is there a way to view remaining screen time?: My child has recently started using the family features of windows, and we have one question. Is there a way to check how much screen time is left, so we can plan around it?...
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...