Windows 10: Family safety screen time will not turn off

Discus and support Family safety screen time will not turn off in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son who is 18 yrs old as just bought a new laptop with windows 10 installed. He has a microsoft account which has had for some time for his xbox.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AllenCrowe, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Family safety screen time will not turn off

My son who is 18 yrs old as just bought a new laptop with windows 10 installed.

He has a microsoft account which has had for some time for his xbox.

He now finds that his laptop is restricted on screen times based upon some older settings when the xbox was bought through family safety set up on my account. I have tried everything to reset all the screen times, from 12 am to 12 am, turned them off, removed him from the family group, added him again as a member and an organiser but the invite to join doesn't work now so i can't see the times setting any more.

How on earth do we turn off these time limits on his new laptop so he can go to university and not have these restricted times turning off his laptop. He just want to use the laptop any time he wants.

Help please, the standard information re screen times on the microsoft website does not offer any real solutions.

What happens if I take myself off as an organiser in my account?

Allen

:)

AllenCrowe, Jul 27, 2020

2. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Family safety screen time will not turn off

Can't turn off Windows Family Safety

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Turn off Microsoft family settings

You can turn off family settings for someone by visiting each of their settings pages and turning them off.

Websites: Turn Block inappropriate websites from On to Off.

Apps & games: Turn Block inappropriate apps and games from On to Off.

Screen time: Turn Set limits for when my child can use devices from On to Off.

Also refer the article on How do I remove Family Safety?http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Also refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-safety-faq

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Family safety screen time will not turn off

1. Family safety screen time will not turn off - Similar Threads - Family safety screen

2. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn off screen time notifications of family safety: What we want is simple please help. İ have seen same issues asked 3 years ago but still no staff trying to help. My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays.In the final hour of his allotted...
  3. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off screen time notifications of family safety: What we want is simple please help. İ have seen same issues asked 3 years ago but still no staff trying to help. My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays.In the final hour of his allotted...
  4. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  6. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  7. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  8. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Hoq to turn off family safety

Hoq to turn off family safety: I am 19 years old and in windows 7 family safety slowed down your computer can you turn it off and if yes how do you? 58559
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...