Windows 10: Family Safety Screen Time

Discus and support Family Safety Screen Time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rickbutler04864, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Family Safety Screen Time

I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the computer. I have set 2 hour daily timers for the children but they are able to use the computer beyond that 2 hour period. Is anyone else running into this problem and/ or has any figured out how to fix this bug.

:)

Rickbutler04864, Sep 1, 2015

2. Revoke screen time extension

Hi,

I realize that you want to revoke family safety screen time extension. I will try to help you with this issue.

As you are the administrator of the family safety account you can choose to add the screen time and revoke the screen time for the child account.

Admins/Adults in the family can manage family settings online at account.microsoft.com/family, and changes will be applied to any Windows 10 device the child signs in to.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Refresh screen time in Windows 10

I am already past the setting up of Family Safety, links to how to setup Family Safety do not help.

After Family Safety has been setup, is there any way to force a refresh of the Screen Time schedule so when it is changed, the change will take affect? Right now it seems it takes 24 hours for a change to Screen Time to take affect. I am seeking how to
    over ride this 24 hour wait and implement a change to the Screen Time schedule immediately.

Telling me to un-configure and reconfigure the entire solution is unacceptable.

Brent Schmidt, Sep 1, 2015
  4. smoker68x Win User

Family Safety Screen Time

This is still an issue, as I am running into the same problems months later. Has anyone figured out what's wrong, or how to fix it?

smoker68x, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

Family Safety Screen Time

1. Family Safety Screen Time - Similar Threads - Family Safety Screen

2. Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting: In Microsoft Family Safety, I can see my child's activity for today, and I can look at their activity over the last 7 days, but I can't see their activity on specific days in the past. Furthermore, even when I look at today's activity, I only see total hours and not details...
  3. Family safety time tracking issues

Family safety time tracking issues: Hello, i have Microsoft family safety setup, for 2 of my kids, one seems to work fine. the other sometimes it doesn't limit like i have set, but most of the time it says they are out of time and i know for sure they have not been on. I thought maybe they were leaving it...
  4. Family Safety - Ask for more time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family Safety - Ask for more time: Dear reader, I was wondering about the following: I blocked an app on my daughter's own account. When she wants to use the app she has to ask for permission. On my phone I get a notification from the Family Safety app and an e-mail. Perfect! They both ask me how much time...
  5. Screen Time / Family Safety Keeps Resetting to Unlimited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screen Time / Family Safety Keeps Resetting to Unlimited: I have set screen time for my son, however every a couple of days it resets to unlimited. I don't think he hacked into my account but this keeps happening. Why??...
  6. Family Safety Time Limit Emails

Family Safety Time Limit Emails: I would like to know if it’s possible to not be sent an email when my kids are requesting additional screen time? We have the app downloaded on our phones and we always approve or deny the request of the app. We don’t want our inbox being clogged with redundant emails. Is it...
  7. Family safety screen time will not turn off

Family safety screen time will not turn off: My son who is 18 yrs old as just bought a new laptop with windows 10 installed. He has a microsoft account which has had for some time for his xbox. He now finds that his laptop is restricted on screen times based upon some older settings when the xbox was bought through...
  8. Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times

Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times: Our family uses Family Safety to limit screen time. We block access at all times so that we have to authorize screen time any time my son wants to use the PC. When we give him permission to watch we have options like 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.. When he runs...
  9. Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass

Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass: My kid is managed to disable icon FamilySafety by using some system explorer, and he should be in bed by 9pm, and I see him at 9:30 hardly playing?? Is this Family safety any good?...
  10. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...