Windows 10: Family Safety Screen Time

Discus and support Family Safety Screen Time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rickbutler04864, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Family Safety Screen Time

I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the computer. I have set 2 hour daily timers for the children but they are able to use the computer beyond that 2 hour period. Is anyone else running into this problem and/ or has any figured out how to fix this bug.

:)

Rickbutler04864, Sep 1, 2015

2. Revoke screen time extension

Hi,

I realize that you want to revoke family safety screen time extension. I will try to help you with this issue.

As you are the administrator of the family safety account you can choose to add the screen time and revoke the screen time for the child account.

Admins/Adults in the family can manage family settings online at account.microsoft.com/family, and changes will be applied to any Windows 10 device the child signs in to.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Refresh screen time in Windows 10

I am already past the setting up of Family Safety, links to how to setup Family Safety do not help.

After Family Safety has been setup, is there any way to force a refresh of the Screen Time schedule so when it is changed, the change will take affect? Right now it seems it takes 24 hours for a change to Screen Time to take affect. I am seeking how to
    over ride this 24 hour wait and implement a change to the Screen Time schedule immediately.

Telling me to un-configure and reconfigure the entire solution is unacceptable.

Brent Schmidt, Sep 1, 2015
  4. smoker68x Win User

Family Safety Screen Time

This is still an issue, as I am running into the same problems months later. Has anyone figured out what's wrong, or how to fix it?

smoker68x, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

Family Safety Screen Time

1. Family Safety Screen Time - Similar Threads - Family Safety Screen

2. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  3. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  4. Family Safety not recording screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety not recording screen time: Family safety is not recording any screen time on my sons lap top at all, however it does appear to be connected to my son's device as it does pick up his web searchesMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am administrator on his account and he is a regular userWhen I log on as him...
  5. Family Safety not recording screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not recording screen time: Family safety is not recording any screen time on my sons lap top at all, however it does appear to be connected to my son's device as it does pick up his web searchesMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am administrator on his account and he is a regular userWhen I log on as him...
  6. Family Safety not recording screen time

7. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  8. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  9. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Family Safety screen time issue

Family Safety screen time issue: I set up a Family Safety group to limit my kids' screen time. The screen limits work, but when they request more time, the request email wasn't coming to my email. I could only see it when logging in to the Family Safety app. I couldn't figure out why. Then I got a call from...