Windows 10: Family Safety Screen time

Discus and support Family Safety Screen time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BillEnglefield, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Family Safety Screen time

I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time.

:)

BillEnglefield, Apr 11, 2022

2. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Apr 11, 2022
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Apr 11, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety- Inaccurate Screen time extension usage

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community.

We understand the frustration when things don't go the way they supposed to. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

In another scenario, these three questions might help you to identify on the issue.

1) How does the child ask for an extension?

2) How does the parent provide an extension?

3) What is the number of hours allowed for that given day when you login as a parent associated to the family?

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Family Safety Screen time

1. Family Safety Screen time - Similar Threads - Family Safety Screen

2. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  3. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  4. Family Safety not recording screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety not recording screen time: Family safety is not recording any screen time on my sons lap top at all, however it does appear to be connected to my son's device as it does pick up his web searchesMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am administrator on his account and he is a regular userWhen I log on as him...
  5. Family Safety not recording screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not recording screen time: Family safety is not recording any screen time on my sons lap top at all, however it does appear to be connected to my son's device as it does pick up his web searchesMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am administrator on his account and he is a regular userWhen I log on as him...
  6. Family Safety not recording screen time

7. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  8. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  9. Family Safety screen time issue

Family Safety screen time issue: I set up a Family Safety group to limit my kids' screen time. The screen limits work, but when they request more time, the request email wasn't coming to my email. I could only see it when logging in to the Family Safety app. I couldn't figure out why. Then I got a call from...
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...