Windows 10: Family safety setting

Discus and support Family safety setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I started to use edge few days ago,i found out some website got blocked and ask me to send a request to family member to use the website,But the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ymh0724, Oct 12, 2020.

1. ymh0724 Win User

Family safety setting

I started to use edge few days ago,i found out some website got blocked and ask me to send a request to family member to use the website,But the problem is i don't even have a family group,so i can't send request to anyone,please someone help me,it drive me crazy.

:)

ymh0724, Oct 12, 2020

2. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Setting up Family safety settings in Windows

Hello Ajay,

I realize that you are trying to setup the Microsoft Family Safety settings.

• Which version of operating system are you using to setup the Family Safety?
    If you are using the Windows 10 then I suggest you to refer the below information and check if it helps.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using
    a PC at any time.

Add kids to your family to help them stay safer online. Adults in the family can view reports of kids’ online activity, limit how long and when they use their devices, and help make sure they don't see inappropriate websites, apps, or games.

I suggest you to create a family safety account in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Set up family features in Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Family safety setting

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Family safety setting

1. Family safety setting - Similar Threads - Family safety setting

2. Family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety: I’m convinced there is a second family safety account for my son blocking games we left the platform for the one I can see. Is there a way to dig deeper and see if there is another account associated with his email i...
  3. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  4. Family safety

Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  5. Error / Bug in Family Safety Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error / Bug in Family Safety Settings: Hi, for 1 specific child account, the link Family Safety > Spending Leads to an error page that states:Sorry, something went wrong.We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: VrQg4VhCpUy6byUR.101.582also see...
  6. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  7. Family Safety

Family Safety: Surface GoFamily Safety→→,web→ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family/71ccf75b-e739-408b-b742-95fc5b895729
  8. Family Safety

Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  9. Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  10. Family Safety.

Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...