Windows 10: Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

Discus and support Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jug11, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Jug11 Win User

Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile. Moreover, in account.microsoft.com for my child we can see only one device as expected.In this screenshot we can see that there are three devices listed even if in reality these are all the same device:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au6BRf-hIhaadrs08FspOp8MH0c?e=ENRiZ7Also, since the reinstall, Family Safety shows zero minutes of screen time in report for any of these three devices. That is, even if we know for sure that the device has been used every d

:)

Jug11, Feb 27, 2023
  2. Jug11 Win User

Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile. (Moreover, in account.microsoft.com for my child we can see only one device as expected.)

In this screenshot we can see that there are three devices listed even if in reality these are all the same device:

3-connected-devices.png

Also, since the reinstall, Family Safety shows zero minutes of screen time in report for any of these three devices. That is, even if we know for sure that the device has been used every day. In this screen shot we can see that no screen time is reported:
    missing-stats-since-wed.png

To me this certainly looks like a bug in the service but the Microsoft help-desk person told me that the only way to contact the development team is using this community portal (How convenient!).

Furthermore, I cannot delete the zombie devices from the profile as suggested by many topic on this forum because the account.microsoft.com only lists one device.

Jug11, Feb 27, 2023
  3. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Feb 27, 2023
  4. jwmarrott Win User

Family Safety still shows deleted device

I removed a device that my kids used that was managed by Family Safety. Now for each child I have an error in Family Safety: "Update your family member's Windows 10 device to get family features to work."

I cannot Update as instructed. I cannot remove the device further than I have. The device is only listed in this error. Even logging into my children's accounts does not show the device listed, but it does show the error.

I have tried different browsers and computers to see if anything was cached. It has been over a week since it was deleted and about a month since the system was turned off. What's next?

jwmarrott, Feb 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost - Similar Threads - Family Safety shows

2. Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost: I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile. Moreover, in account.microsoft.com for my child we can see only one device as expected.In this screenshot we can see that...
  3. Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost: I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile. Moreover, in account.microsoft.com for my child we can see only one device as expected.In this screenshot we can see that...
  4. Family Safety device not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  5. Connect Device to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect Device to Family Safety: A child account is connected to the Microsoft Account. And yet, it can't be connected to the Family Safety Account at all. So, the Parental Control settings can't be implemented....
  6. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...
  7. Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing

Family Safety - New Computer Is Not Showing as a Device and Apps And Games Not Showing: I just bought a computer for my son. With his old computer, it shows up on family safety as a connected device and under screen time, I can limit apps by time, available time and days, which is great for limiting games to after homework and chores are done. However, with the...
  8. Microsoft family safety shows multiple roblox app...

Microsoft family safety shows multiple roblox app...: Hello. I have register Roblox Studio, Roblox app and roblox.com web site to set the limit of my son, however, always is appearing a new line in the app section of family safety apps. My son is restricted to install by security, however, continue appearing. When I'm checking...
  9. Family Safety still shows deleted device

Family Safety still shows deleted device: I removed a device that my kids used that was managed by Family Safety. Now for each child I have an error in Family Safety: "Update your family member's Windows 10 device to get family features to work." I cannot Update as instructed. I cannot remove the device further...
  10. Family screentime

Family screentime: Hello, I was wondering if I can find out the last time my son had screentime. How farr back might someone be able to access? I've only found 1/11/20 to 1/18/20 and it's the 25th of January. Thanks...