Windows 10: Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization

Discus and support Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Both of my kids own a Surface Pro with Family Safety enabled and various content /screen time settings enabled. On my daughter's Surface, she is able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by majmac17, Sep 16, 2022.

1. majmac17 Win User

Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization

Both of my kids own a Surface Pro with Family Safety enabled and various content /screen time settings enabled. On my daughter's Surface, she is able to request authorization while at school through Family Safety, which notifies me of the request, and which I can approve from anywhere. My son's however does not give him the ability to send me a request. Instead, it only given him the option to have a parent enter their logon information pin, hello locally on the system. First I do not want to give him my pin obviously, and second, I cannot figure out why it does not send me a request. P

:)

majmac17, Sep 16, 2022
  2. spillerbd Win User

Request from Family Safety not working, Windows Phone

A request to make a purchase is made on my son's phone. He is notified family safety will not allow him to make the purchase. However I receive no notification that a request has been made.

For an approved purchase this creates additional steps that are unexpected and supposedly unnecessary.

Why am I not notified of the request?

Why cannot I approve the purchase from the Family Safety Site?

spillerbd, Sep 16, 2022
  3. Family Safety - App hours inaccurate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Disable Anti-virus software

the issue may also arise due to the security software installed in your system. So, I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus installed on your system and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software.

Method 2: I would also suggest you to refresh the
    Family Safety Filter. I request you to refer below link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Method 3: Please refer the article and make sure Family Safety settings are set correctly.

Set up Family Safety

Windows help & learning

For additional information go through the below link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-safety-faq

Hope the information helps. Please let us if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization

1. Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization - Similar Threads - Family Safety Software

2. Family Safety: Installing software as the parent/admin into the child/standard account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety: Installing software as the parent/admin into the child/standard account?: Hello! I've set up Family Safety. My child has a standard account in Windows 11 Pro, I have the admin account. How does one install software onto the child's account when Family Safety is turned on? I had to change his account to an admin account, restart, then install...
  3. Family Safety: Installing software as the parent/admin into the child/standard account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety: Installing software as the parent/admin into the child/standard account?: Hello! I've set up Family Safety. My child has a standard account in Windows 11 Pro, I have the admin account. How does one install software onto the child's account when Family Safety is turned on? I had to change his account to an admin account, restart, then install...
  4. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  5. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  6. Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization

Family Safety Software Installation Requests / Authorization: Both of my kids own a Surface Pro with Family Safety enabled and various content /screen time settings enabled. On my daughter's Surface, she is able to request authorization while at school through Family Safety, which notifies me of the request, and which I can approve from...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error: When I log onto a website on Microsoft Edge, as normal, it tells me to ask for permission. It only does this if I haven't gotten permission for the site ever before. Here's the problem:When the link that tells me to ask for permission to gain access to the site, I can hit the...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error: When I log onto a website on Microsoft Edge, as normal, it tells me to ask for permission. It only does this if I haven't gotten permission for the site ever before. Here's the problem:When the link that tells me to ask for permission to gain access to the site, I can hit the...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  10. Duplicate emails for family safety requests

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate emails for family safety requests: When my child requests more time because of family safety time limits I receive 3 copies of the email requesting more time, and I receive these 3 emails on all adult accounts configured in the family. How do I configure notifications and stop the duplicate emails being sent?...