Windows 10: Family Safety Spend controls page will not load

Discus and support Family Safety Spend controls page will not load in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Since yesterday, I have been trying to access the spend controls for the youngsters in my family group.I can access my account, see my family list,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ElderAmoeba2271, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Family Safety Spend controls page will not load

Hi,Since yesterday, I have been trying to access the spend controls for the youngsters in my family group.I can access my account, see my family list, and see the over-view for the family member.When I click through on the spending controls part, the page starts to load, and then delivers an error message with the text"Sorry, something went wrong.We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while."I have tried refreshing, turning machine off and on.Tried logging out all browsers, and then in again. Tried on mobile device. Tried while connected to a di

:)

ElderAmoeba2271, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety is blocking my browser!!!

Can you confirm if you are out of the Family Safety feature on your parent's account on this
    link? If you've confirmed that you're no longer on the list of monitored child accounts, we suggest deleting the Family Safety folder. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard.
    • On the address bar, type this address C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Restart and see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it went for you.

Ian Ser, Apr 24, 2023
  3. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 24, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Family Safety Spend controls page will not load

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Apr 24, 2023
Thema:

Family Safety Spend controls page will not load

1. Family Safety Spend controls page will not load - Similar Threads - Family Safety Spend

2. Spendings page crashing on load for child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Spendings page crashing on load for child: When trying to open the "Spendings" page for one of my kids in Family Safetly the page crashes with an exception. This only happens for one of my kids, unfortunately the one I wanted to view the page for. I recently made a purchase for this child triggered by him asking my...
  3. Spendings page crashing on load for child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spendings page crashing on load for child: When trying to open the "Spendings" page for one of my kids in Family Safetly the page crashes with an exception. This only happens for one of my kids, unfortunately the one I wanted to view the page for :...
  4. Spendings page crashing on load for child

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spendings page crashing on load for child: When trying to open the "Spendings" page for one of my kids in Family Safetly the page crashes with an exception. This only happens for one of my kids, unfortunately the one I wanted to view the page for :...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Screen time page not loading

Microsoft Family Safety Screen time page not loading: The page , where I can set time limits for my kid, is not loading, and after a few minutes it shows ice cream images and says "Something is wrong on our end. Wait a bit then try here again." Well- I have been trying for 5 hours. I blocked him earlier and now can not access...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Screen time page not loading

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Screen time page not loading: The page , where I can set time limits for my kid, is not loading, and after a few minutes it shows ice cream images and says "Something is wrong on our end. Wait a bit then try here again." Well- I have been trying for 5 hours. I blocked him earlier and now can not access...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Screen time page not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Family Safety Spend controls page will not load

Family Safety Spend controls page will not load: Hi,Since yesterday, I have been trying to access the spend controls for the youngsters in my family group.I can access my account, see my family list, and see the over-view for the family member.When I click through on the spending controls part, the page starts to load, and...
  9. family safety not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family safety not loading: wanted to play minecraft with my friends but apparently after moving my mojang acc to microsoft all the random safety features my dad enabled wont let me join a server but i am 18 so i thought its not a problem since im supposed to be able to just leave the family group but...
  10. family safety not loading

family safety not loading: wanted to play minecraft with my friends but apparently after moving my mojang acc to microsoft all the random safety features my dad enabled wont let me join a server but i am 18 so i thought its not a problem since im supposed to be able to just leave the family group but...