Windows 10: Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on

Discus and support Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a family safety group which has worked fine until now. An error started a few days ago where my son tries to send a request for time but gets a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RevDanClark, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on

I have a family safety group which has worked fine until now. An error started a few days ago where my son tries to send a request for time but gets a message saying "We can't do that. Are you sure you're connected to the internet?" We know the computer is connected to the internet - when I log in on my administrator account, it works fine. I have tried deleting my child from the family group which should de-activate Family Safety on his account, and turning the computer off and on, but he is still getting the same error code when he logs in. Any tips of what we can try next? This error mig

:)

RevDanClark, Feb 28, 2022

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 28, 2022
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Feb 28, 2022
  4. RenaldasP Win User

Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on

Family Safety doesn't work on power saver

I tried everything you suggested, but nothing worked. I think the problem is that power saver restricts running Family Safety and other apps from running in the background. I can manually enable an app in the Settings, but there's no such app like Family
    Safety in the list.

RenaldasP, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on

1. Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on - Similar Threads - Family Safety thinks

2. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  3. Family Safety Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Not Working: I just got a new Windows 11 computer that I want my 9 year old son to use. But I want him to use an account that has Microsoft family safety features enabled. So I logged into Microsoft family safety and created a brand new outlook.com account for him. Everything seemed to...
  4. Family Safety not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  5. Family Safety not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety not working: Family safety is not recording any screen time at all, see image however it does appear to be connected to his device as it does pick up his web searches, and it does appear to be connected to his lap top see imageMy sons lap top is windows 11, I am now administrator on his...
  6. Family Safety not working

7. Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on: I have a family safety group which has worked fine until now. An error started a few days ago where my son tries to send a request for time but gets a message saying "We can't do that. Are you sure you're connected to the internet?" We know the computer is connected to the...
  8. Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on

Family Safety - thinks internet isn't working therefore can't log on: I have a family safety group which has worked fine until now. An error started a few days ago where my son tries to send a request for time but gets a message saying "We can't do that. Are you sure you're connected to the internet?" We know the computer is connected to the...
  9. Family Safety not working

Family Safety not working: When my son logs in Windows he is given two options : use pin code use Microsoft password When he uses the pin code however the family safety is not working. Any suggestions?...
  10. Family Safety - cannot log on

Family Safety - cannot log on: I'm looking to switch off family safety screen time as it's not working properly for my son. i've tried changing the times it's allowed and tried turning it off but it's still saying he has reached his screen limit for the day, the original time appears when trying to log in....