Windows 10: Family safety time tracking issues

Discus and support Family safety time tracking issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, i have Microsoft family safety setup, for 2 of my kids, one seems to work fine. the other sometimes it doesn't limit like i have set, but most... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ntilley52, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Ntilley52 Win User

Family safety time tracking issues

Hello, i have Microsoft family safety setup, for 2 of my kids, one seems to work fine. the other sometimes it doesn't limit like i have set, but most of the time it says they are out of time and i know for sure they have not been on. I thought maybe they were leaving it signed in. but that doesn't seem to be the case. there was also a red text line that says Their device needs your attention for family features like screen time limits, activity reporting, and content filters to work properly. but i have done what the link says to do on both computers.

there is also this icon Family safety time tracking issues 3d082a82-ed0a-4002-8be0-cf34982505e5?upload=true.png on the apps and game limits screen along with the 2 icons showing my pcs that we have, i dont know what this is but my other childs screen has a black one instead of red. I have removed everyone from the family group, deleted the users from the pcs, and started over and its still the same. Any ideas?

:)

Ntilley52, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with accessing Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party applications.

Try the steps listed here:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in
    the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Set up Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Family safety time tracking issues

Family Safety issues

Hi,

Microsoft family features (includes family safety features formerly known as
    Microsoft Family Safety), is a free set of features available on Windows 10 PC and Mobile that is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system.
    Please ensure that the parent email account is set as an administrator on the child's laptop. Once done, you may follow the steps below to properly manage the settings on the Family Safety website:

• On the Start screen, type Family Safety.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click the Family Safety icon.
    • On the bottom part of the window, click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. Your default browser will direct you to the Family Safety website.
    • Sign in using the parent account.

For your reference, you may also check this article regarding Family Safety:
    Frequently Asked Questions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Family safety time tracking issues

1. Family safety time tracking issues - Similar Threads - Family safety tracking

2. Family Safety location tracking not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety location tracking not working: Hello. I have two children with Android phones Samsung S21's. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making...
  3. Family Safety location tracking not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety location tracking not working: Hello. I have two children with Android phones Samsung S21's. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making...
  4. Family Safety location tracking not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family safety GPS tracking not working

Family safety GPS tracking not working: I have my daughter setup as a family member in Microsoft Family Safety. She is set at age profile of 17+, with no activity limits, activity reporting and location sharing switched on. For quite some time she is showing up on all the other family members MS family safety app...
  6. Family safety GPS tracking not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety GPS tracking not working: I have my daughter setup as a family member in Microsoft Family Safety. She is set at age profile of 17+, with no activity limits, activity reporting and location sharing switched on. For quite some time she is showing up on all the other family members MS family safety app...
  7. Family safety GPS tracking not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Family Safety screen time issue

Family Safety screen time issue: I set up a Family Safety group to limit my kids' screen time. The screen limits work, but when they request more time, the request email wasn't coming to my email. I could only see it when logging in to the Family Safety app. I couldn't figure out why. Then I got a call from...
  9. Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working

Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working: I have two features that are not working for children profiles setup under my account... 1. Activity Tracking is not reporting any application or web activity. 2. Screen Time is incorrectly blocking the ability to sign-in to Windows 10 regardless of the time of day. Both...
  10. Tracking Time Family

Tracking Time Family: I am trying to find out how the Family tracks time. I have 2 boys on 2 separate computers. I have created multiple days of time ranges 8am-8pm, along with total hours allowed for the day 6 on each computer under the specific accounts. My boys use the computer for school,...