Windows 10: Family Safety - two step verification too easy to bypass

Discus and support Family Safety - two step verification too easy to bypass in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have spent hours setting up the family safety but my kids can just go to our main computer, log in as me and give themselves more time. I tried to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NadinePhipps, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Family Safety - two step verification too easy to bypass

Hi I have spent hours setting up the family safety but my kids can just go to our main computer, log in as me and give themselves more time. I tried to stop them doing this by enabling 2-step identification but you have put a work around on that as well -

how can I stop the option of using a password and only allow 2 step verification..?

:)

NadinePhipps, Nov 1, 2020
  2. DidacusMe Win User

Family Safety login block bypass

Hello Robelene,

the issue persists and now my child account is configured with the two-step verification on. Nothing has changed.

I am religiously following your instructions but I honestly thing we are not focusing on the important matter. As I wrote at the beginning, in my opinion what matters is the interaction between the family safety software and the User Account Control (UAC)
    software. I have simulated and replicated the issue in a brand new pc with a brand new family. I think you can easily do the same. I think everybody can do it, I think, in a few words, every child can bypass the parents control after reading this post.

Anyhow I am open to any other suggestion you may have. It is my intention to go back to the one-step verification, do you agree?

Thank you for your support and regards.

DidacusMe, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Family Safety login block bypass

Here is what we are going to do, kindly follow the steps below:

• Logout first to your original Microsoft account.
    • Create a new Microsoft account and try to add your child's account in the
      family safety
    • Restart your computer.
    Let us know if the issue will still occur.

Robelene Win, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Family Safety - two step verification too easy to bypass

Family Safety seen not to be working

Hi Roi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Which Windows 10 build is installed on your computer?

I would suggest you to remove the child account from the family safety website and then add it again. Follow the below steps:

• Login to the
      www.familysafety.microsoft.com
    • Remove the Child account.
    • Now from the Parent computer, open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Family and other users.
    • Click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter the Email address of the Child account which was removed.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Now a verification email address will be send to the Child’s Email address.
    • Then login to the family safety website and then you can put the restrictions for the Child.
    Hope this helps. Post back with the results so that we can assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Family Safety - two step verification too easy to bypass

1. Family Safety - two step verification too easy to bypass - Similar Threads - Family Safety step

2. two step verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  3. two step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  4. two step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Two-Step Verification Process

Two-Step Verification Process: I changed my phone number and I can't add my current number without verifying my identity with the old one. I don't have access to my previous phone number. what can I do? Microsoft associates won't receive my phone call as this is a 'password' problem that can be solved...
  6. Two-Step Verification Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two-Step Verification Process: I changed my phone number and I can't add my current number without verifying my identity with the old one. I don't have access to my previous phone number. what can I do? Microsoft associates won't receive my phone call as this is a 'password' problem that can be solved...
  7. Two-Step Verification Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. two-step verification

two-step verification: I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some point, I only had the mobile option display. This was fine because that is the method I use. In the past ~two weeks, the...
  9. Two Step verification problem

Two Step verification problem: I have a personal computer at home and all of a sudden everytime I sign into my computer and go to my websites to sign in, I am asked to go through a two step verification. How did this change? How do I fix it? I am using Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge....
  10. Two step verification

Two step verification: When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in attempt, "Yes" or "No". But it never works. I wait and wait for it to be recognized, and I am finally forced to "choose...