Windows 10: Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All

Discus and support Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I followed the steps shown in your guide but doesn’t work accordingly. Example shown in imgae below where i only want to allow the two websites shown... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gwengoh, Oct 15, 2020.

1. gwengoh Win User

Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All

I followed the steps shown in your guide but doesn’t work accordingly. Example shown in imgae below where i only want to allow the two websites shown to be accessible. However, once enable, all websites are blocked including the two listed site.Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All [​IMG]Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All [​IMG]

:)

gwengoh, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to filter the entire website under Family Safety

Hi Raj,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with filtering websites in Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Family Safety settings.

2. Web filtering is not setup correctly.

Try the steps listed here:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 15, 2020
  4. JCA101 Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety web filtering, does it only work with Edge and Explorer?

Can someone please confirm if the web filtering feature in Windows 10 Family Safety only works with Edge and Internet Explorer or does it work on all browsers?

I used Family Safety in Windows 8.1, the kids only used FireFox and Family Safety always blocked access to inappropriate websites.

I read that in Windows 10, the Family Safety web filtering feature might only work with Edge and Explorer. Is this true, or does it still block access to inappropriate websites in other browsers?

If web filtering in Windows 10 only works with Edge and Explorer, then it's pretty much useless. Does anyone have suggestions on alternative programs that work in Windows 10?

Thanks.

JCA101, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Family Safety Web Filtering Not Working at All - Similar Threads - Family Safety Web

2. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is Family Safety app working at all?? .: Is Family Safety app working at all?? If there was a glitch like the MS support responded to another user, how can it happen one way?? My wife cam see me on the app on her phone, but I can't .....
  3. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Family Safety app working at all?? .: Is Family Safety app working at all?? If there was a glitch like the MS support responded to another user, how can it happen one way?? My wife cam see me on the app on her phone, but I can't .....
  4. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family safety content filtering

Family safety content filtering: We have a family safety account for our computers. Does the content filtering work for all browsers firefox, librewolf? Will inappropriate searches be flagged in all these browsers?...
  6. Family safety content filtering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety content filtering: We have a family safety account for our computers. Does the content filtering work for all browsers firefox, librewolf? Will inappropriate searches be flagged in all these browsers?...
  7. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  8. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  9. Family Safety - not working at all

Family Safety - not working at all: Hello I have noticed that Family Safety no longer works reliably on Windows 10. Every time I set it up it works for up to a couple of days. It then stops. One laptop shows limits off, the other's schedule reverts to 12hr limit, every day of the week. 2 hours limit...
  10. Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates

Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates: So I turned on Family Safety and enabled the always allowed, but windows defender and ms updates are not working. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-web-filtering-white-list-and-windows/a7218588-6fc6-432f-827f-07320bb1f70d"