Windows 10: Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates

Discus and support Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I turned on Family Safety and enabled the always allowed, but windows defender and ms updates are not working. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CharlesHarden, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates

So I turned on Family Safety and enabled the always allowed, but windows defender and ms updates are not working.

Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates 5c438042-8cad-4da0-8674-58d124aa1d40?upload=true.png

:)

CharlesHarden, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to filter the entire website under Family Safety

Hi Raj,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with filtering websites in Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

1. Incorrect Family Safety settings.

2. Web filtering is not setup correctly.

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Method 1:

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates

1. Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates - Similar Threads - Family Safety web

2. Is Family Safety gone in Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is Family Safety gone in Windows 10?: I am changing my kids over from a Windows 8 computer to a Windows 10 computer. It won't allow me to add my kids with a local account rather than a Microsoft account and also control what they have access to. I do not want them to have email or a Microsoft account. I can...
  3. Web Activity Report on Family Safety does not show websites access

Web Activity Report on Family Safety does not show websites access: I monitor my teen's laptop via Family safety. The Web Activity report tells me how much time she spent on Microsoft Edge (and other applications). It also tells me suspicious websites and searches. How can I get a breakdown of the specific websites accessed - such as...
  4. Family Safety.

Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...
  5. Restore chrome filter in family

Restore chrome filter in family: I am using ms family. In Always Blocked apps list, I removed Chrome. How to restore chrome back on this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-chrome-filter-in-family/c37d6b4b-8355-47d8-b0bb-f9bad902a060"
  6. Family Safety and seperated parents

Family Safety and seperated parents: Can someone detail what are the important issues two separated parents might have with using Family Safety to manage their children? My son 11, is getting a laptop for high school. He currently has a desktop at my place configured for Family Safety. His account is a child...
  7. Family Safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety: I logged on to a friend's Xbox account using my own Microsoft account. Without realizing it, I opted into his Family Safety as a child. Now my work computer (using same Microsoft account) is limited by his account. How do I remove myself from his account without parental...
  8. Win10 Family safety: Notifications

Win10 Family safety: Notifications: Hi, I have set up a child account with limits on time used on. So far so good, but can there be any kind of indication of time left? IE a counter, a report by mail every ½ hour used or similar? In case not, can anyone recommend another piece of software, with indication...
  9. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...
  10. White List?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White List?: Is there a white list that can be used with the UAC? I believe this would work rather well. When the UAC screen would popup, the user would have several options to choose from. First the user could select NO I don't want to run this program - end of discussion. Secondly the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender web filtering